chapter forty-four

"mike, what brings you down to our squad room?" i smile, slowly standing from my desk

"i heard how frustrated you guys were getting, figured i could be of some use here." he smiled, hugging me.

"nothing interesting at terrorism task force?"

"not that they have me on." he says, before finally admitting, "my father sent me, he knows i miss you guys."

"well, we miss you too. carisi and fin should be back soon. liv's in the office."

"i'm gonna go see if i can get my nose in this." he says, standing. "hey, how's the pup?"

"she's good, ariana loves her."

"she's been staying with her?"

"when she gets home from school, yeah. she's been staying with sonny and i for now, but i don't know what her plans are for the next few weeks."

"how's she doing?"

"good, she speaks to therapist, which has been helping a lot."

"glad to hear that." he smiles. "and the little munchkin?"

"good, the little meatball is still baking." i say, putting a hand on my stomach.

"can't wait to meet the little one."

"me and you both."

he smiled before walking into liv's office as i continued my work on the bakers. i was on their blog, and the lead that led sonny and fin to them, is that their daughter's suspected rape occurred while she was in new york city in july.

soon enough, all the baker's were walking in, and sonny was already being fun uncle sonny as the rest of us took over causing me to stand and walk over to them.

"mrs. baker, why don't you come with me?" i smile as liv and amanda went with lane, the young girl who had fallen pregnant, by someone she wouldn't say. fin and mike were with the father, and sonny with all the kids.

this case was stressing me out completely, not gonna lie. nobody in the family was helping at all.

as she sat down, she asked, "your husband doesn't mind you working with all these men?"

"it's not an issue," i smile, slowly sitting down.

"how far along are you," she asks as i turn to get papers. "eight and a half months?"