Ending Things

Surprise 🎉

Double Update 😎

Hrithik

I heard a knock and I got up from the chair and went and opened the door for her. "Welcome to my office." I said closing te door behind her. I pulled her and kissed her forehead and hugged her. I sensed her tension. I separated from the hug and cupped her cheeks.

Niharika "Hrithik what happened to your hand?" I asked seeing bandage on his left palm.

Hrithik "Oh it's nothing . I was cutting an apple this morning and the knife was sharp enough and I got a cut on my palm. It's okay. Nothing to worry about." I reassured her.

Niharika "Did you visit the doctor?" I asked examining his hand .

Hrithik "I will visit later. It's not that important . You tell me what happened ? Is everything all right? You seem worried." I asked.

Niharika "Why don't you take care of yourself? God it would have hurted a lot. It was a sharp knife. Did much blood oozed out?" I asked.

Hrithik " Niharika I am fine. Its nothing seriously. It would heal in a day or two. " I said. "Come sit here." I took her to my chair .

Niharika "No. It's your place to sit..I am not eligible to sit here." I said when he asked me to sit on his chair. Sitting on his chair is like sitting on his position and that right belongs to someone who is his and I am not his and never will be. I moved from there and started to walk towards the sofa. He held my arm and came towards me. Sensing him coming closer I wanted to cry . He hugged me tightly from back and it took everything from me for not breaking down in his arms.

Hrithik "What happened to you? Did someone said something to my Biryani ? " I asked and placed a kiss on her neck.

Niharika "Hrithik please." I said pushing him away from me. Hurt flashed on his face.

Hrithik "What happened Niharika ? Why are you behaving like this?" I asked . I was hurt when she pushed me away from her. "Did..did I do something wrong?" I was afraid.

Niharika " I am here to end things." I said fidgeting with my fingers . I didn't had the guts to look in his eyes.

Hrithik "What do you mean? Niharika don't confuse me and speak clearly." I said in a strict tone. I was freaking inside.

Niharika " Hrithik we have to end whatever is between us." I said looking everywhere but not him.

Hrithik " What..what did you say? What happened ? Did Divya said you anything?" I asked and she looked up at me.

Niharika "No she didn't. It's my decision." I said.

Hrithik " And who gave you the right to decide? We have this between us. Then how can you alone decide about it . We are not teenagers Niharika. That one day we like each other and the next day we break up. We are mature adults. You and I both knew what we are getting ourselves into then how can you decide to end this. " I yelled.

Niharika " Hrithik please listen. I have got a good offer in San Francisco and I am moving there next week. Long distance is not my thing . I don't want to give you any false hopes." I said . It's true I received an offer from an well established Restaurant in San Francisco 3 days back but I hadn't replied them yet. But now I am willing to take it.

Hrithik "We can make it work if we are willing to do so. There are lots of people in long distance relationship and everything is quite good between them. " I said.

Niharika "It can't work between us. I will be back not anytime soon and you are not going to leave behind your company and everything else here and come there miles away. Besides we have not gotten ourselves into something serious till now. " I said sternly.