Chapter 5 - Luciana

Exhaling a shaky breath, I unfastened my seatbelt as soon as the seatbelt sign was turned off and made my way towards the kitchenette at the end of the aisle. The entire hour had been full of thoughts of the way Mikhail looked at me when I was pressed up against me. He looked so animalistic - like he wanted to devour me, inch by inch until there was nothing left of me. Men like him spelled trouble in big, bold letters. That's why it was best for women like me to stay away from him. However, my vagina thought otherwise.

The way that his eyes darkened with lust and the noticeable tent in his jeans kept taunting me as I reheated the meals that were to be served to the passengers. I sighed as I forced myself to push those thoughts away and focus on work. 3 more hours and then I wouldn't have to see him again.

That thought pushed me to get up and push the galley into the aisle. However, the sight in front of me made my blood run cold. Mikhail was standing next to a man, whom I knew from watching the news obsessively was a politician named Joseph Wilson, who had been involved in quite a few scandals. Some of them being as horrid and revolting as child trafficking and sex slavery. Mikhail stood, with his shoulders squared, as he pointed a gun to his head with Alexei standing not too far behind him with a gun of his own.

A couple of passengers were waking up one by one but no one dared to make a sound as they watched the scene unfold in front of them. A couple of my colleagues stood to the side, toos scared to be the bigger person and put a stop to this. Seems like I'd have to do it then.

"Sir, could you please put your gun down?"

I tried to say that with all the strength that I had left in me. From the looks of it, it seemed like Mikhail was a criminal because you sure as hell wouldn't find a normal man pointing a gun to another person's head. I was right about him being trouble. I couldn't believe that I had lusted after him - even if it was for a few moments.

Those baby blues that I had thought beautiful just hours ago, darkened with fury as they snapped my way. I held my breath as he lowered the gun and tucked it into his waistband. How the fuck had he even managed to get past security at the terminal? Someone clearly wasn't doing their job - and now we had to bear the brunt of their actions.

A gasp caught in my throat as Mikhail walked towards me slowly. My body started to tremble as realisation dawned on me that I had redirected his attention to myself. A part of me was torn between being selfish and selfless. I went with the latter - the world could do without me. I had no one left here anyways. Joseph Wilson, on the other hand, probably had a family back at home. So, I was doing the right thing. I guess.

I stayed glued to the spot as my hands remained frozen on the handles of the trolley. Mikhail leaned close to my face as his breath hit the tips of my ears.

"Next time malyshka, don't be stupid enough to think that you can tell me what to do alright?"

I barely managed a nod as his whispered words sent a shiver of fear up my spine. A soft whoosh of air flew past my lips as he backed away, into his previous position.

"If anybody dares to move, just know that you can kiss your life goodbye once and for all" His voice boomed as several passengers ducked their heads behind their respective seats. There was dead silence in the air as fear spread amongst everyone. It seemed like our flight was being hijacked. Just my shitty luck.

I push the trolley forward, pretending as if I just hadn't been threatened by a gangster. With a forced smile on my face, I interact with the passengers, trying to comfort them to the best of my capabilities as head purser. The rest of the cabin crew is not too far behind me, following my lead.

The whole time as I go down the aisle, I feel a gaze boring holes into my back, no doubt Mikhail's. I try to keep my composure until I go back inside the kitchenette. Sagging against the wall, I let myself feel the fear and the nagging feeling that something was about to go wrong. My hands get clammy as my breathing becomes heavier. I draw in a deep breath, trying to not to give in to the anxiety attack that threatens to take over my senses.