Chapter 29 - Mikhail

My heart beat violently in my chest as I admired the beauty that was Luciana Rodriguez. She was laughing with Sofia, sweaty since she had just finished her morning run. Her head turned towards me, mid conversation, almost as if she could sense me standing behind her. I smirked as her face heated. If she was going to be embarrassed at me seeing her in a sports bra and leggings, she had a lot coming her way. I'd seen her in way less to be honest. Her ass looked perfect in those skin tight leggings as she turned back towards Sofia as they talked in low voices back and forth. Luciana clamped a hand over Sofia's mouth as she elicited a squeal, distracting me from my observation.

My mouth tilted up in a lazy smirk as Sofia passed by me, giving me a thumbs up and mouthing go for it. My heart rate sped up once again as my angel walked towards me, breathless - from the run or from seeing me, I didn't know. I suspected the latter.

"Hey." She whispered with a shy smile as her neck flushed.

"Hi. Enjoyed the run?"

"Yeah." She replied as she graced me with one of her smiles that could light up the entire city of Moscow. Something tugged in my heart as I saw that her smile was directed at me.

"I missed you." I took a step towards her as she moved in my direction.

"Needy aren't we? I just saw you last night." She cheekily replied.

"Yeah, but you weren't in my bed." I scowled.

"Actually Mikhail, about that I -

"Anyways. That doesn't matter. I waited here to tell you to go get dressed quickly. I want to take you somewhere."

Her head tilted as she looked at me questioningly.

"Please malyshka?"

That got her going as she walked past me, but not before I smacked that tight ass of hers. Her responding laugh echoed in the hall as she disappeared from my view. Damn if the woman didn't have me in a chokehold already.

***

"Where are we going?" Luciana asked for about the millionth time in half an hour as I chuckled.

"Impatient much? You'll see when we get there, malyshka. Don't worry." I reassured her as I patted her thigh with my hand that wasn't clutching the steering wheel.

"What does it mean?"

"What?"

"Malyshka. You always call me that."

"It means baby in Russian." I answered with a smile.

Her brows creased as she looked thoughtful.

"You've been calling me baby for so long? Even before we..."

"Yes. I've been calling you baby. Even before we fucked." I laughed as I peeked a glance at her.

A soft smile graced her face as she looked out of the window. I was once again astounded by her beauty - inside and out. I couldn't believe that I got to call her mine.

Was she though...mine? I mean sure, we both knew that we cared for each other a lot at this point and that it was more than sex between us. But we hadn't put a label on it yet. Should we? Should I talk to her about it? These thoughts clouded my mind as I drove mindlessly, the directions ingrained into my brain at this point. I was pulled out of my reverie by Luciana's voice.

"Mikhail, are you taking us to some park? The scenery looks nice here."

"Close. You'll find out soon enough, malyshka." I replied as I kept my gaze glued in front of me as I tried not to overthink things. Whether she would like it. Whether it was right to show her such a huge piece of me - a piece of me that I had never dared to show before, not even to Sofia.