Chapter 8 - Mikhail

I silently observed as Luciana turned her face away from me, as she ignored my question. Not going to lie, but her previous comment about me being a monster stung a bit. I mean, I knew that it was the truth but somehow hearing it from her mouth made it hurt ten times more. Why the fuck was I letting this woman get to me anyways? I had done what I was supposed to do and now we were landing in Moscow soon as well - without a hitch in the plan, might I add. So then why was I feeling empty at the thought of leaving Luciana behind?

The clawing feeling in my gut wouldn't go away as my eyes stayed glued to her side profile. It was beautiful really - everything about her was beautiful. Any man who dared to say otherwise would be labelled an idiot by me. She was so pure, so innocent. I shouldn't have tainted her soul by shooting Joseph in front of her - that was actually a spur of the moment kind of decision. The moment that name left his filthy lips, all I could see was red. Red, red, red everywhere. In that moment, I let my anger consume me as I whirled around and shot his brains out of his head. The sound of bullet meeting flesh satisfied me to the core - as sadistic as that sounded.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard a low curse being uttered.

"Shit shit shit."

"What's wrong?" I directed my question at Macey as beads of sweat broke across her forehead. With wide eyes and a distressed expression, she swallowed as she looked me in the eyes.

"We're almost landing now. But the wheels are stuck."

"Blyad." I muttered under my breath as I took off the seatbelt.

"Just fucking do whatever you can to land this plane." I growled as my eyes bore holes into her back. The plane jerked forward as I grabbed onto a seat to steady myself.

"Goddamnit!" I roared as I banged my fist. The aircraft suddenly started shaking violently as it started its descent. Before I could lose my balance, I strapped myself in the seat.

The contents of the last meal I had churned in my stomach as the plane tilted dangerously to the side. Thankfully, even though it was dark outside, I could make out the outlines of skyscrapers and buildings - we were back on our turf. The engine purred as all but one set of wheels touched the concrete ground. The aircraft glided ahead in full speed as I got up.

With a push of my shoulder, I managed to open the heavy cockpit door.

Glancing over at Luciana, I saw that she already unstrapped herself but stayed rooted in her seat with her eyes closed. Not giving it a second thought, I pulled her to her feet as her mesmerising brown eyes shot open in shock.

"Where are you taking -

"Just shut the fuck up and follow me woman!" I growled at her menacingly as I all but dragged out of the cockpit with Alexei in tow.

The rest of my men stood at the front, armed with their guns as several passengers lay sprawled across the floor of the aircraft due to the sudden landing. I fired a single bullet - the last one - into the air as screams broke out behind me.

Stepping outside into the fresh air, I spotted the black sedan that waited for us towards the edge of the airport, in the dark. So far, no one had seen us - we were in the back where it was too far to be spotted from the ATC. Even so, I sprinted ahead.

"Leave me the fuck alone Mikhail." Luciana shouted as she tried to pull her arm from my tight grasp.

"The fuck I will. So stop throwing a tantrum and follow me quietly malyshka."

She must have seen the seriousness in my eyes because she immediately started crying for help.

Frustrated that she couldn't even take an order well, I nodded my head towards Alexei. Mustering all my strength, I encircled her tiny body in my arms as I slapped one rough hand over her mouth. Alexei's figure towered in front of us as he held the syringe in his hand tightly.