Chapter 34 - Luciana

My head and my heart both hurt as I lay sprawled on the bed, the tears incessantly falling down, even though Mikhail had left all those hours ago. It felt like it physically hurt to breathe. As if someone had stabbed me straight in the heart again and again. My eyes were swollen and red as I got up into a sitting position and rubbed my temple.

Regret and pain swirled in my gut as my mind replayed Mikhail's last words.

I fucking hate you.

I couldn't blame him, to be honest. I fucking hated myself too in this moment. I don't know what had compelled me to think that we would both get out of this unscathed, unhurt. I refused to believe that we were doomed from the beginning. I believed that we were meant to be together, to cherish these times together, albeit for a little while.

I loved him. So fucking much that it hurt. I nearly tripped over myself as I got up to put on my shoes. My dress was a mess right now, all crumpled and creased. My hair was a mess by now, all knotted and tangled up after being tugged again and again in frustration.

Where was he? Fuck. I had royally fucked up this time. I needed to see him. To tell him and to ask him to give me another chance - that I wouldn't break his trust again. Was he going to come back or was this the end of us. I don't think I would survive the heartbreak if he left me. I had somehow managed to survive all the curveballs that life had thrown in my way in the past, but this...this would break me, completely shatter me.

My chest heaved with a sob as I blindly put one heel after the other. I practically ran out of the room, desperate to get out. The lights were off as I passed the kitchen. There wasn't a single sound coming from any of the rooms and, while that should have unnerved me, I was too consumed by my pain to notice anything else.

I pulled open the front door as it creaked open. Peering out, I was met with the sight of a dark sky - a sky where Mikhail and I had spent most of our time while I opened up to him about my Papa and how he taught me about constellations. The sky under which we'd made love several times, giddy with pleasure as we uttered hushed confessions of our love and the promise to stand by each other's sides, no matter what. And look what happened now - all because of one mistake.

Feeling a weird feeling unfurl in my gut, I turned back around and headed inside the mansion. My sixth sense told me that something wasn't right - and it hadn't let me down until now. However, I brushed it off and concluded that I was simply being paranoid due to Mikhail's absence.

My heart lurched in my throat as I put my clutch down on the counter and filled up a glass of water from the kitchen tap. All that crying had really made my mouth dry. My hand shook as I lifted the glass to my lips and greedily gulped it down.

Right as I placed it back on the counter, I felt something sharp hit my head. My hand went up to the side of my temple as I felt something sticky ooze onto my fingers - blood. Turning around in a daze, I made out a tall, stocky figure a few steps away from me. Before I could react any further, a glass object was smashed against my throbbing skull as a rough hand was slapped onto my mouth. My screams were drowned out by something sharp being twisted into my ribs. The last thing I remembered before passing out was that the man looked familiar.

***

Groaning, my head lolled to the side as I tried to open my eyes. There was a bright light seemingly shining in my face as a sense of deja vu hit me. I had been in this exact same position all those months ago when Mikhail had kidnapped me - except this time, it felt ten times worse. It all seemed like a lifetime ago, I wondered, as I groggily tried to get my bearings straight.

"Nakonets-to prosnulis', ne tak li?" I heard a woman's voice ask as I tried to find her in the brightly lit room.

My eyes grew wide in shock as I spotted a nearly naked woman - with the exception of her nipples and vagina being covered - sitting on a chair in front of the bed that I was tied to.

"Excuse me?" I questioned as she rolled her eyes and sighed loudly.

"Eti amerikantsy." She bit out before uttering her next words in English. "I said, finally awake, aren't we?"

"Who are you?" I cut to the chase as I ignored his rhetorical question.

"Anastasia. You?" She asked in that raspy voice of hers with a thick Russian accent.

"Luciana..." I drawled out as I squinted my eyes to get a better look at her.

She was definitely attractive - there was no doubt about that. Blonde hair, green eyes and a perfect hourglass figure that men would die for.

"Why am I here?"

"Curious little girl, aren't you?"

I huffed at the way she so condescendingly referred to me as a girl as I struggled to free myself from the ropes that bound my wrists to the bed frame.

"How long have I been out?"

"4 days." She replied as I lay my head down on the mattress.

"Please...Anastasia, I don't know what I've done wrong. Please help me out here." I pleaded, deciding that attitude wouldn't get me anywhere.

I closed my eyes before I opened them again to see her reaction. Her eyes softened for a fraction of a second before she regained her composure once more.

"I cannot tell you anything. The boss said no."

"The boss?" I repeated dumbly as I wondered if it was the same man who had brought me here.

"The boss." She confirmed as she picked at her freakishly long acrylic nails. God, I always wondered how these women managed to wash their ass crack with nails as long as those - I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to without hurting myself.

She got up to leave but not before I stopped her.

"Can you at least tell me where I am?"

"A strip club." She answered before she shut the door in my face, leaving me alone to my thoughts. Why the fuck was I in a strip club? My mind wandered as I took in my surroundings, trying to remember the details that led up to me being kidnapped...again. Fuck. My head rolled to the side as I spotted hot pink lace bras and thongs littered all over the room. My breath caught in my throat as I spotted the number #27 being taped to the back of the door. My eyes closed of their own accord before I could dwell on that fact further as I fell into a deep, drug induced slumber once again.

***

Uh oh. Who do we think the "boss" is? Also is it just me or does anyone else wonder how women with long nails wash their ass or coochie? They've got some real talent if they can ajsjskks😂 (P.S. I'm getting way too comfortable here, aren't I?🥴)

Don't forget to vote, comment and share this story!

Follow me on Instagram @bibliomxniac for updates and more!