Making a friend

The chapter will probably be short, like around the 1k words, so I'll hopefully post every week.

Chizuru is wearing her clothes for University. She looks in the mirror and sees two ponytails and a nerdy glass. A perfect disguise. Of course, after university, she will be changed completely for her work.

She sighs at her phone. It's the same boy from my university, Kazuya! She sighs again and opens the door, only to find the door next to her open, after a boy comes out. He's well...

You!

She takes a quick look at you. Slender, a bit taller than her, not muscly but well-built, and you look tired as hell, but other than that, the boy is cute. She mutters a small hello, but you don't respond and look at her intensely, trying to remember where you saw her.

She turns around and is about to leave when you stop her.

"Uh- I know you."

She turns around. "Y-yes, I'm Ichinose Chizuru, I'm probably in the same universit-"

"Yeah, yeah, but- Wait! You're the person my friend's been renting out!" You tilt your head. "Mizuhara... Chizuru?"

She takes a step away from you, and stutters, "No, that's not me!" But you can tell that she's lying from the posture.

"No, no, I have a good memory. Mizuhara Chizuru, you know Kazuya Kinoshita?"

She wanders for a moment. He probably knows everything.

I've seen lots of men, and he's the one who's always right and never gives up.

There's no use in lying. Just call it a day, Chizuru.

"Yeah.. he rented me last week-"

"I knew it! I knew that bastard was lying to me! I saw the app from his phone, so I decided to have a look- and voila!" You shout, raising your arms to look more dramatic.

"Wait! Please- don't tell anyone that I'm a rental!" She shouts. But you obviously won't.

"I wasn't going to in the first place?" You say, surprising her. "Why would I do that?" You ask, and you genuinely don't know.

"Oh I see- but please, keep your promise-!"

"Sure, Chizuru!" You say.

"Uh-" She's completely taken aback. He's calling my first name, and we've just met!"

"Why do you call me by my first name?" She suddenly gives off a malicious aura, but you aren't bothered.

"It's more friendly, and it becomes pretty uncomfortable when they call their last name. Like geez, we're not in the army." You say. "And I say your first name because we're friends, right?"

Chizuru is genuinely shocked now. "What-"

"You seem kind, so." You say honestly.

Ugh, why does this person have to be so straightforward? I've never seen a guy like him! What's wrong with him?

Chizuru asks, a bit more confident this time. "Fine. But what's your name?"

" L/N Y/N" You reply shortly, and she nods.

(In Japan last name goes first)

"Sure, nice to meet you, Y/N." For some reason, she emphasizes your first name. You shrug. "We're gonna be late to University, c'mon!" You grab her arm and run.

"Ehhh-?" She shouts.

_________________________________________________________________________

She was having lunch with her friends when he saw you again.

You simply walk over to her and her friends and plop down. "Hi." You say. "Kazuya is gone doing who-knows-what and the rest of my friends are sick."

"I'm sorry but who're you?" One of the girl asks. You turn around. "I'm Y/N. I'm Chizuru's friend."

At that moment, all the girl's head turns to Chizuru. "Ohhh! Chizuru! Why didn't you tell me that you have a very cute friend?" Chizuru blushes and blurts out. "He isn't my bo-"

"I'm not her boyfriend, so don't worry." I lean back. "Just a friend." You wink at Chizuru, and then waves your hand. "Just joking. But for real, I'm not."

The girls look a bit disappointed. "I see..." But soon after, you manage to liven up the conversation.

Meanwhile, Chizuru wonders why she didn't say 'I'm not his friend' in the first place.

_________________________________________________________________________

It's night, and Chizuru is at her house, in her pajamas. The 'date' with Kazuya was sort of exhausting, but she did ask about Y/N, and found out that he was super straightforward but kind. She was drying her hair when she heard a knock.

She opened the door, only to find you.

You grab a cartoon of strawberry milk and hand it to her. "Here you go." You're about to go to your own room when she asks you why.

"Why... did you give me this?" She holds up the cartoon.

"Well, your work is pretty hard, and with Kazuya it's a lot harder. So I decided to get it for you. Bye bye now, I got some work to do." You go and close the door.

Chizuru is in deep thoughts right now.

Maybe.. She didn't argue with him, because he was giving off such a pleasant vibe.

'Maybe'... she looks at the cartoon of milk.

"This isn't so bad." She mutters to herself.

FIrst chapter is done. Anyways, I think the story will develop pretty slowly. We probably will also get to see Kazuya too!