Blue ribbon

Kazuya and Chizuru, and Kuri and Ruka are going to the bouldering center right now.

"It's the place where Y/N works in, right?" Kazuya asks, and Kuri nods. "Yup, although I think he quit. He says he's got a new, semi-permanent job." They don't really give a shit about piano, so they don't know what Y/N's exact job is.

"Um, excuse me, but who is Y/N?" Ruka asks carefully.

Chizuru decides to answer. "Both annoying and really funny guy."

They go to the bouldering place, and change clothes. As soon as they walk out, they see-

"Hi guys! Didn't know you guys were here!" You say as you climb the hardest course with questionable ease.

"Hey Y/N! I got a girlfriend! Her name is Sarashina Ruka!" Kuri proudly says, pointing at the girl with the blue ribbon. She bows her head.

"Hi Ruka, sorry I can't greet you properly right now, I'm kinda climbing." You say, confusing Ruka.

"It's ok, he calls everyone by their first name," Kazuya whispers to Ruka. "But you get the hang of it."

You climb down. "So, this is a double date? Am I to be the third- or the fifth wheel?" You joke.

"Yeah bro, and you're the only one without a girlfriend!" Kuri jokes back, which is actually a lie.

"Eh, can't be bothered. Except for Kuri, you guys never climbed before, right?" You get a simultaneous nod from the three of them.

"Well all you gotta do is..." You explain it to them. After you're done explaining, they start climbing. Chizuru does it with relative ease, which is impressive, but Ruka and Kazuya are lame-in-partners.

"Ah, geez, how do you climb that good Y/N? You don't even look that muscly." Ruka says, quite rudely.

"It's all about technique! And besides, I'm stronger than these two skinny sticks." You say.

As you're climbing, Ruka suddenly eyes you. "Wait..." She starts to say. "Are you-"

You look down. "Hmm? I'm what?"

"You're Rush Piano!" She says, and she almost looks childish. "Oh my god, I gotta get my phone out- can I take a picture of you?" She asks pleadingly. You nod, and she gets all excited.

"Geez, is she like a child or something?" You ask Kuri, who nods. "Yup, she's in high school!"

You take a step back. "Really? How'd she fall for you then?" Kuri doesn't listen to you, because Kuri and Kazuya are too busy staring at Chizuru's ass.

You sigh. You go take a break, but you're interrupted by Ruka saying something to Kazuya and Chizuru, while Kuri is climbing.

"You're a rental, aren't you Mizuhara-san?" Ruka says. Chizuru considers this for a moment, but then nods slowly. "Yeah, but please, don't tell anyone."

Kazuya looks around, then spots you sitting close to them. "Uh, hi Y/N. Th-this isn't what you think-"

You stand up and shrug. "I've heard nothing, or saw anything." You throw a wink at Chizuru, who already knows that you know that she's a rental. Kazuya seems to relax, and Ruka looks annoyed.

After bouldering, you and Chizuru are on the way home. She sighs. "They don't know it, but I saw Kuri and Kazuya looking at my bottom the whole time." She glares at you. "Were you looking too, Y/N?"

"And you call me straightforward." You sigh as you take out two cartons of strawberry milk. "And no, I was too busy climbing." You hand out one to her, who looks a bit better now. She knows that you don't lie, most of the time, except when it comes to your privacy.

"Good. Otherwise, I would've killed you." She drinks the milk in 5 seconds. You internally sigh. As Mizuhara, she's all girlish, cute, and kind, but as Ichinose, she's the opposite.

"Do you think Ruka is going to spill the beans?" You suddenly ask. Chizuru thinks for a moment.

"I don't know, but I wouldn't really care if she spilled it anyways now that I think of it. I can stop being a rental girlfriend, or go out with Kazuya anymore. I think I can always work as something else, you know?"

"Yeah, an actress." You say calmly, and Chizuru smiles a bit. When you and she arrive home, you start practicing piano for the song. Meanwhile, as Chizuru showers, she's thinking of introducing Y/N to her grandma, Sayuri. After all, you're her friend. But other than that, she's mostly thinking of Ruka.

She's very tomboyish. Chizuru thinks as she rubs her head. I feel like I'm going to meet her again.

And she wasn't wrong.