Act

"Y/N, you got the sheets ready? We're going in 10 minutes." The director calls out, and I nod briefly at him.

It's the first act today, and Chizuru's been super excited about it. Unlike the tsundere, easily angered person, she's unusually excited and keeps humming some weird unknown melody that you don't dare to ask.

You tell the other musicians to go into their place, and then go into your place. Chizuru comes out from the dressing room, wearing a kunoichi uniform. She blushes a bit.

"Don't you think the uniform is a bit too revealing?" She asks, staring at her thighs.

"You'll do fine." You reply quite coldly because you're changing to the 'serious musician mode'. You sit on the piano and breathe in and out deeply. Nervous, you stand up and take a peek at the number of people there. You see Kazuya, and you quickly turn back.

"Oi, Chizuru." You signal her to come over. "Kazuya's here."

Chizuru takes a look, then gasps. "So is Sumi!" You don't question who is Sumi though, because there is only 3 minutes left.

And the play begins.

The curtain falls, and the actors come out, playing their parts. You hear laughter when Chizuru goes into play. When it's your turn, you cue the music, a jolly, bouncy theme song that further adds to the hilarious comedy.

Overall, the play is great, so you're very much satisfied. Chizuru seems to be too, saying something about "not having to be a rental girlfriend" or "get a real boyfriend," but then the bomb drops.

"Uh, hey Ichinose, mind if I talk to you for a bit?" The director asks her, and Chizuru follows him. You can hear the whispers.

"Ichinose, I'm sorry, but you're out of the play. I'm sorry."

"What? Bu-but, who'll be filling my place in?"

"..A friend of mine, Shiori."

_________________________________________________________________________

It's almost as if Chizuru's world is crumbling down.

As she hear those words, something snapped inside of her.

It didn't hurt, but it was frustrating. Like you wanted to rip your hair out.

Maybe I'm just not talented enough. She thought. It's not too late for me to get another job, right? I'm just not fit for an actor-

"Oh no, it's just that, you're really good at being 'Mizuhara' in front of your clients, as in your audience, and you have a cute face, so I assumed you would be an actress." She remembers the words from you.

No. He's just being kind, and being kindly doesn't mean that he's true! Y/N doesn't know anything about acting. I'll just become a wait or something-

"Everyone is going to have to depend on someone else at times, ever since you're born." She blinks.

Maybe... she... could become an actress. With a help from her dear friend. She manages to smile a bit in front of the director.

"I see... well, Ok then." She turns to you. You look sober. "Y/N, come!" She nudges you, and you bow down to the director and follow her.

"Hey..." You start to say. "I'm really sorry about the acting thing.... You were really perfect for it."

But Chizuru doesn't seem to be bothered. Instead, she puts a small smile. It's a tiny one, but it's a real one.

"It's ok, I've got tons of chances." She says clearly. "You can keep on doing the theatrics. It's only on for 2 weeks-" She's cut off by someone.

"Chizuru!" It's Kazuya. You and Chizuru turn around, seeing Kazuya puffing.

"You were really great! Your acting is really good!" Kazuya manages to speak up. Chizuru turns around, and puts on the 'Mizuhara' mode.

"Thanks!" She smiles and turns around. You're about to bid farewell to Kazuya when you spot someone.

"Who's that looking at you, Kazuya? That a girl?" Both Chizuru and Kazuya turn around to the girl with pinkish-orange hair and a shy face. She notices it and quickly hides behind the electric pole.

"Sumi?" They both shout, but they get no response. Chizuru sighs, and turns around. "Let's go, Y/N." You turn around Kazuya. "Bye, I'll see you tomorrow." Kazuya nods.

"Yeah, you too, I'm just gonna have a quick word with Sumi."

_________________________________________________________________________

"I mean, so I have to keep doing the rental girlfriend for now..." She sighs and fiddles with her ramen.

You gulp the noodle. "I mean, it's good for acting skills, isn't it?"

"Yeah, but I'm gonna have to get a real relationship soon... like you said."

You almost spew out the ramen. "Who is it? Umi?" You ask, but Chizuru denies strongly.

"Nope, I don't have anyone in my mind, I think. I just think what you said is right."However, inside her mind, a vague image shows up....