真実- Revealing

You're preparing up for the food at Kazuya's place. You place down the foods, prepare the dishes. Kazuya's mom also tells you to erase out Kazuya and write down Chizuru. So you do that.

"After all, it's a joint birthday!"

You politely sit at your sit, when you hear the door open. Wanting to be the first to greet them, you head out.

"Hi, Kazuya-" Your smile suddenly drops when you see Kazuya, who's looking determined and...

Ruka.

She smiles wide. "Oh! You're here, too, Y/N! Hi grandma Nagomi!" She hugs her, pleasantly surprising Nagomi-san. Kazuya takes this as an opportunity to tell you about Chizuru and how her grandma has been hospitalized.

You sneak out the door, and you call Chizuru.

"Uh, hello Y/N. I can't really call right now- my grandma's hospitalized."

"I know about it, just come as soon as you can, and we'll talk about this later, alright? Ruka is going to cause trouble." She sounds, as if she's been crying a little, so you ensure her. You come back inside the living room.

"Uh, Y/N, who did you call?" Nagomi-san asks while Ruka is helping her out with a cute smile. Kazuya doesn't say anything, but he's sweating, so you know something is going to be happening.

"Hmm? Oh, I called Chizuru. She should be here soon." You say, earning a glare from Ruka. "Well, I mean, it's a... joint birthday, right?" Ruka throws off another glare. "Y/N-san, please come here."

She goes off to a room, and you follow her. As soon as you go in the room, she slams you to the wall.

"Listen! Kazuya said he would be telling the 'truth' at dinner, alright? Why did you call her? You really think..."

You're not listening to her. You're mesmerized by the one word; truth.

Of all the time...

Shit, shit shit! You take your phone out and try to text her and call her, but it says her phone is turned off.

You and Ruka come out of the room, and your face is all pale. Kazuya nods somewhat in understanding, but you're half blacked-out.

Please come late, please come late, you think.

You make your way into the bathroom, and you wash your face, and you look up.

"Kazuya... this was the wrong time to grow up..." You say.

_________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, Chizuru is currently at her flat choosing clothes.

What should I... wear?

What do you think that... he'll like?

And also... She picks up the red sweater that Y/N gave her.

Why do I feel like something is going to happen tonight?

She stares at her pile of unused clothes for a full minute. Why do I feel like someone is saying my name?

_________________________________________________________________________

Chizuru, Chizuru, Chizuru, please don't come. I know I said to come, but please don't.

The Ruka and Nagomi-san is currently talking in Nagomi-san's room. Kazuya's just sitting there, not making a sound. Kazuya's mom sits down, trying to liven up the mood.

...

"Oh... well, have fun boys-" Kazuya's mom awkwardly stands up and walks away, muttering something about preparing more food. As soon as she's away from the table, you whisper to Kazuya.

"Great timing, buddy, nothing like a surprise gift on the joint birthday." You give a mocking look, as if foreshadowing what is yet to come.

Kazuya looks at you. "I know, sorry man. But it was bound to happen anyway."

Your eyes relax a bit. "Alright then..."

"Guess what? We ordered pizza after we finish our main course!" Kazuya's dad shouts from the kitchen. As if on cue, Ruka and Nagomi-san return. Soon, everyone is here.

"I hope Chizuru comes quick..." Nagomi-san sighs and Kazuya clears his throat. Ruka looks at him with gleaming eyes.

"Uhm, just before we start," Kazuya starts, and everyone stares at him. "Chizuru is..."

"Not my girlfriend."

...

Awkward silence follows, broken by Kazuya's dad, who is sounding both angry and tired at the same time.

"Then... what is she?"

"She's a rental girlfriend. Ruka-chan here... is my real girlfriend."

Utter silence, until Nagomi-san speaks up.

"Why did you lie to us... then?" Her eyes water a bit, and Kazuya flinches. The way Ruka's acting, she didn't expect it to go this way either. Suddenly, there is a ring. Trying to get out of this ridiculous situation, Kazuya's mom goes to open the door. 'Ah, right pizza..." She mutters.

"Chizuru... she's my rental girlfriend. She wanted to be an actress for her grandmother, so she's been earning money this way-" Kazuya stops talking, because, at this moment, at this moment, at the peak of awkwardness, stands the main girl, the main heroine of this chaotic drama.

There stands Ichinose Chizuru.

....and this chapter ends here lmao lol destroyed