Family

A bit about your past.

"Ohhhh! Y/N! You've come!" Kazuya's dad greets you as you walk in. This is a family meeting, and you and Kazuya were friends since high school. Naturally, you've grown close to their family, since... your parents had died in a young age. Because of that, they took you in, and since then you had been helping them a lot.

"Of course I came. It's very important, after all." You grin. It really is.

"Ah, thought you'd be busy with all that, zoutube work." He replies. You walk to the restaurant when you see Ruka and Chizuru, busy talking.

"Um, is anyone else here?" You ask. Kazuya's dad's smile vanishes a little.

"Yup, it's Kazuya's girlfriend, and Kazuya's friend. Do you know them?" He asks, and you nod slowly.

"I know them... very well." You speak as you slowly remember Ruk'as push that made you fall face-flat.

"Oh good. It would've been weird if it was awkward." He says. You come in the living room, shocking both Chizuru and Ruka. "Y/N...?" Chizuru starts to speak. "What are you doing here?"

Before you can respond, Nagomi-san cuts in. "He's in our family meeting now, obviously." You sit down next to Kazuya. "Or do you not know...?" Nagomi-san carefully asks, to which both Ruka and Chizuru shakes their head.

"Mind if I tell, Y/N?" Nagomi-san carefully asks, and you simply nod. "Yeah, it's fine."

"Y/N's parents died at a very young age. There was a hurricane, when they were on their 3rd honeymoon. Y/N, was with his aunt's so he was ok. But even his aunt died soon after, so we took him in. Since then, he's been part of our family!"

"Oh, I see..." Chizuru says. "But he's so cheerful and kind, I didn't expect that kind of a past-?"

"Oh, he was very mature." Kazuya's dad chimes in. "Without Y/N, Kazuya wouldn't be in a university right now!" The family laughs, apart from Kazuya, of course.

And they start talking about how they met Ruka. Chizuru makes it sound so real, that you're questioned now.

"Like... sisters?" You inquire, but then shake your head. "I mean, like sisters! Yeah. Chizuru told me about Ruka."

"Oh, so you must be good friends with Mizuhara-san?" Kazuya's mother asks, and you nod.

"Yup. She's my neighbour."

Soon, Ruka simply decides to decide this is the perfect time to say that Chizuru is a rental, and almost speaks up, until Kazuya notices, and asks for him to talk with Ruka for a second.

"Actually," Ruka's smile looks deadly.

But thankfully, before Ruka speaks up, Kazuya signals Ruka to talk privately.

After they go out, things get a bit quiet.

"Just wondering how Kazuya got a girlfriend." You fake-sigh, followed by multiple sighs from Kazuya's parents.

"Yup, how did he. Tell me, Mizuhara-san, what do you like about him?" Kazuya's mom asks.

Chizuru quickly thinking of an answer when Kazuya and Ruka returns. Ruka looks out of breath for some reason, but no one notices it.

"Shall we keep talking?" Nagomi-san asks.

Overall they have a good time, but on the streets, you see Mami looking for clothes. You're too busy why's Mami doing here, and don't notice Chizuru sneaking up on you.

You stumble forward. "What the-"

Chizuru snickers. "Hey, you do know that we have to work for the play tomorrow, right?"

"Huh? You're completely taken aback. "What?" I don't even know where I'll be going-"

"Here you go." She hands a list of the place and the cast, giving the same tsundere aura. "Don't be late." She glows at you. "Ever." You gulp, because you're shit at dirrections.

Meanwhile, behind Kazuya's parents are talking.

"Is it just me, or do you think Chizuru would be better with Y/N?" The mom speaks, and the father nods.