Date

Heya, it's good to be back! (that's all i have to say to keep things less awkward, lol. again, sorry for not showing up for such a long time.)

"Ahhhhh!" Chizuru happily exclaimed as she looked at her phone.

Chizuru: Bye!

Y/N: I'll see you soon! :)

She left her phone down and smiled widely, which was unlikely for her.

They had been going out for a few days, and those few days had been one of the great days for her. As for now, they promised to meet at the nearby cafe soon.

Chizuru was excited.

—-

You walk along the campus and greet people.

"Hiya!" Which they wave back half-enthusiastically. You spot Mami hanging out with her friends. You awkwardly say hi.

"Hey, Mami!" She turns around and waves back.

"Hi Y/n! Please call me Mami-san next time." She says with a fake smile. You gulp hard and go away, reminding yourself to call her with the honourables.

Then you spot Sumi. You automatically call out.

"Hi, Sumi-san!"

She waves back but then tilts her head in visible confusion.

"Huh?" You stare at her for a brief moment. "Oh, hey, Sumi."

She quickly hurries along to your direction. She pulls out her phone, and types something rapidly.

How are you feeling?

"Well, I guess I'm a bit tired?" You scratch your head.

I heard that you were going out with Chizuru-san.

"Well, I mean." You smile sheepishly. "I guess you could say that. I like her a lot-" She ignores you and starts typing something rapidly. You can see her momentarily pause.

Well...

"Well...?" You wait, anticipating.

Well... I like you too.

You're extremely shocked and take a double step back, before falling to your ass on the floor. Some guys walking beside the road laugh.

"Wait- Sumi- I appreciate that you like me, but I already go out with Chizuru-" You try to fix the situation in a dumb way.

Shit, I don't know what to say! You think to yourself. I'm becoming like Sumi, too, you know-

"But..." Sumi lifts her hair to stop her hair falling to her view.

You're internally shocked at her even speaking, but on the outside you try to remain calm. Everyone can notice the nervousness and his loud gulping.

"But... if you're happy with her..." She smiles and puts her phone down. "If you're happy... then I'm happy too!"

"Oh, wow... well, wait-" You shuffle around the bag and hand her the strawberry milk, justifying the carton as a compensation for the sudden immense kindness you just experienced. "Well... thank you. That was really kind and selfless of you!"

She smiles again, but then blushes heavily, self-aware that she had talked too much. She smiles softly before running again, holding out her phone shakily.

Let's meet sometime again, ok?

"Ok..." You say to yourself, because Sumi is well out of the hearing range.