Ferry

_________________________________________________________________________

"Well, the ferry is really cool, huh?" Kazuya asks you, but you're too busy thinking about something.

"Hello? Earth to Y/N!" He waves his hands at you, and you snap out of your thoughts. "Hmm? Yeah. I've not been on a ferry nowadays."

"Yeah bro, by the way, I thanked Kibe yesterday, and I think we're pretty good now."

But again, you aren't listening. You're too busy thinking of what to do. You blink your eyes when the ferry starts moving. You take a look at the view, and you have to admit, it's beautiful.

The sky is pastel orange, with the sun glistening majestically over the sea rocks. Even the ocean looks orange, and you just stay quiet and admire the landscape.

Chizuru comes quietly next to you and leans her head against the fence. She looks a bit sick.

"You seasick?" You ask quietly. She just nods. "Why're you so quiet? Aren't you the playful, annoying Y/N?" She quietly retorts back.

"Just thinking of stuff. Where's Kazuya?" You ask, leaning against the fence

"Getting some drinks, although I'm pretty nauseous so I won't be able to drink."

You take a look at her. Her face is bright red, and her eyes are half-shut. Even so, she looks beautiful against the orange sunlight and the evening wind.

You stand up. "Well, there goes Kazuya. I'm going to go to the bathroom." You wave at Kazuya, who waves back. You're about to leave when-

Chizuru falls off the ferry.

Some people step away, and Kazuya drops the drink he's holding. With all the melancholiness gone, you shout at Kazuya.

"Go save her! She's your girlfriend!" But he's too shocked right now, and he's trembling to the ground. It wouldn't be surprising if he wet himself. You make a 'tch' noise before jumping into the sea.

You dive deep, and you hold now unconscious Chizuru's hand. You pull her up, and swim back to the nearest land, a small patch of sand covered by rocks. You do CPR a few times before she coughs up water. You tilt her head sideways so it's a bit easier to let the water out in her lungs.

You sit beside Chizuru. You were going to relax and think about the 'stuff' while on the ride, but gosh, first the beach and now this? You sigh and sit back, looking at Chizuru.

_________________________________________________________________________

Chizuru sees Y/N reaching for your hand before her eyes are shut. Surrounded by deep dark water, you can see his face clearly, somehow.

It feels like seconds when Chizuru wakes up. The first thing she sees are sand, rocks, and Y/N looking directly at you.

"How're you feeling?" You're the first one to speak up. Chizuru looks at you, and gives a resigned laugh.

"Ironically, a bit thirsty, but as if you can help me with that-" As soon as she says thirsty, you give her a bottle of water. She's surprised, probably feeling trolled, but she accepts it.

"Uhm, thanks for saving me..." Chizuru awkwardly says, after a few minutes. You just wave your hand. "It's ok. I was going to make you buy dinner today." You look at her, and she looks a bit more cheerful.

You look at the sea, and lean on a rock.

"I've decided." You speak up.

"Hmm?" She asks you.

"I'm not going to the musical university." You say, and Chizuru looks confused. "How come?" She asks.

"Well, I'd miss my friends, first of all. Besides, there's lots more ways to flex your piano skills."

Chizuru thinks for a moment. "So... that's why you were so quiet? Thinking about that?"

You nod. "I decided that friends make me happier in my life." You look at her. "Even though they mess up my relaxing time."

She smiles, but when she tries to stand up, she almost falls back again. "Whew, I'm tired, I guess." She looks at you, who's calmly looking at the ocean. She smiles a bit, then leans her head against your shoulder.

You stay quiet for a moment, but then, you say. "Sushi course this dinner, and you pay up, alright?"

She laughs and nods. They stay like that until a rescue boat comes.

_________________________________________________________________________

"Y/N! Chizuru! Are you guys okay?" Kazuya shouts as we go to the hospital. You probably have mild hypothermia, but Chizuru seems to be ok. Chizuru nods a bit, but you don't.

"You think I'm ok?" You say sarcastically, pointing out the fact that he's covered by blankets and is lying down.

"Oh, sorry man." Kazuya scratches his head. "Thanks for saving my girlfriend though, I really appreciate it."

You look at Chizuru, then back to Kazuya. "No problem, but I'm not going to be free next week, I'm going to find a little alone time to relax."

_________________________________________________________________________

While Kazuya and you are talking, Chizuru's heart races.

He saved me.

She takes a look at you, who looks more tired than usual.

Him? Of all people?

But then again, she assumed.

They were close friends.