Foreshadowing

Some might know and some might not, but im actually starting a sumi x reader fanfic. please check it out!

You stare at the ceiling. Your eyes look dull and you have an extremely sleepy expression from playing too much Duty of call with Kazuya and others.

I should've gone easy on the game... you think to yourself as you glide through the phone.

"Heh heh... today is my free dayyyyyyeeeeeeeeh?" You look at the phone, and your tired eyes expand.

Today's the movie premiere! Everyone's going to be here! Including Chizuru's grandma, and Kazuya's family as well!

"Ahhhhhh...!" You mumble to yourself as you sigh. You then get up and take a quick showever, and wear the nicest clothes you can find. When you knock on Chizuru's door, she doesn't respond.

Right, Chizuru left extra early to get her grandma.

"Gotta get there quick..." You run fast.

___

You tuck your suit fair and square and meet up with Kazuya.

"Hi, bro. You played a lot yesterday." Kazuya greets you.

"Well..." You say, embarrassed. "I mean... it WAS kinda fun playing once in a while."

"That's true, playing once in a while can be fun." He heard Chizuru's voice. She comes into view, pulling her grandmother's wheelchair.

"Oh hi there, Y/n-san!" Sayuri waves her hand enthusiastically.

"Well, it's a good thing she's healthy!" Kazuya muttered. you hope that he didn't jinx it.

"Hi, Sayuri-san."

Chizuru lightly pecks you on the cheek. You smile and go into the movie theatre, where Kazuya's parents are already here.

___

It's a mess when they get in. Kazuya's grandma hugs Chizuru while crying.

"I'm so sorry, Chizuru. I shouldn't have been mad at you... if I'd known your situation... Forgive me..."

Chizuru smiles a bit and hugs her back. "It's ok, it's understandable. I would've been mad too."

While they are talking things out, you sit back and adjust yourself. Everything is going to go well, you think.

"It sure will." You say and don't notice Chizuru sitting next to you.

"Well, you look tired." Chizuru finally says, after looking at you being super uncomfortable. "Are you nervous?"

"Yeah. Never been in a situation like this before." You give an involuntary shudder. "What should I do?"

"I guess... when the movie is done, you stand up and bow down?"

"I'm not sure if that's how it works. I'm pretty sure you have to bow down before the movie, y'know..."

"No." Chizuru has that cat-eye again. "I know more stuff than you!"

"Ok, ok." You say, and look at Sayuri-san. She's suddenly giving a shudder, and you and Chizuru look at her alarmingly.

"Oh, isn't this great!" Sayuri-san claps her hands. "I can't believe it! Two hundred people! And they will be watching you!"

"Well, it's a movie. That's how it works."

"You're ice-cold, you know?"

___

You decide to leave Chizuru and Sayuri-san for a moment.

"Hmm... still 20 minutes left..." You look at your 20 dollar watch. You give yourself a reminder to buy a better one soon.

"Oh well, I guess I'll just buy a strawberry milk-" You hear a familiar voice, and you turn your neck so hard it actually cracks.

It's Mami.

"What the hell...?" You quickly do a roll and go hide behind a shop counter. She's looking around, but mostly she's on her phone.

"What the actual hell?" You mutter to yourself when you see Kibe.

"Hi, Kibe-kun!" She waves enthusiastically, and he waves back.

"Hi, you said you wanted to ask me something?"

"Mhm!" Mami nodded her head. "Is Kazu-kun going out with someone?"

"Yeah, he goes out with Ruka."

"Well, you should tell him something than." Mami leans closer to Kibe, making him blush.

"Ruka's a rented girlfriend." You hear those words and immediately see Kibe frown.

"What? No! Ruka said she quit that thing a long time ago!"

"Haven't you seen her around him? She always acts super enthusiastically."

"Huh.. that's true..." Kibe mutters to himself.

Wait, what? No! What the fuck? Mami!? Nani?! (no puns intended)

You're about to introduce yourselves when you get a message from Kazuya.

Kazuya: Come to the xxx hospital. Chizuru's grandma fell.

You blink once.

Twice.

Without any word, you straight-up run away from the counter, thanks to the receptionist's relief. Kibe doesn't notice you, but Mami does.

Her eye narrows down a bit.