Spring

(Instead of bath, they go to a hot spring.)

"Ahh. Nothing like a simple cozy alone time." You say as you look up at the sign: Hot spring. You're planning to stay there for a day. You've spent lots of money on this trip, but it's going to be so worth it. Since you also had mild hypothermia, now a mild cold, it's best to go here. Finally, relaxation-!

"Uh, Y/N, why are you here?" You hear a familiar voice. You turn around your neck swiftly.

It's Kazuya, Chizuru, and Kazuya's grandma.

"Oh hi, Y/N! We didn't know you were going to be here!" Kazuya's grandma cheerfully greets you.

"Uhehehe.. Me neither." You're already completely exhausted. "Hi Kazuya." You weakly raise your hand at him.

"Oh! And this is Kazuya's girlfriend, Chizuru. She's an absolute beauty, isn't she!" Nagomi-san has a proud tone.

"Uh-huh, yeah. I've met her before, we're friends." You say. Nagomi-san's eyes light up at this.

"Say! We're gonna have a great time together!" Nagomi-san chimes and Chizuru smiles awkwardly.

"Uh huh, yeah, Nagomi-san." You say and then head to the reception. As you get registered, you're thankful that your room is one room. Apparently, Kazuya and Chizuru are sharing a room, and you're thankful you're not a part of it. At least you can relax in your room-

"Um, sorry sir, but the room you booked for is in emergency fixing right now. Could we move room?" The receptionist asks me.

"Uh, yeah sure, let's see-" You start to look at the list of the rooms but Nagomi-san interrupts you.

"Ohhh! I got an idea! The room Chizuru and Kazuya are sharing is originally a 3-person room, right?" The receptionist nods.

"Say! Why don't Y/N sleep in the same room!" She says, which surprised all three of us.

"Uhm, I'd rather not. I wouldn't want to interrupt a couple-"

"Ah, Y/N, kind as always. I can trust you. You're friends with both of them after all. Besides, I know you won't say anything about the night~" She adds the last part jokingly, but Chizuru is a bit embarrassed.

You don't want to sleep in the same room, but since you didn't want to be rude, you decide to join their room. It's not like they're gonna start a pillow fight, or something even worse. After you pack your stuff in the room, you go to the male's hot spring, and just sit back and relax.

You stay like that for an hour until you hear a gentle splashing noise. You open your eyes, and see Kazuya sitting right opposite to you.

"Bro." He sounds pretty serious, so you open both of your eyes. "Yeah, what-"

"I'M SO SCREWED! WHAT AM I GOING TO TELL MY FAMILY!" He shouts and whine.

"Why're you asking me? And besides didn't you already tell your grandma and your family about Chizuru?"

"I know, but this rental thing eventually has to end, and when it does, I'm a dead man." He pouts.

"Well, the dead tells no tales, I guess." You close your eyes once again, but you hear Kazuya sigh.

_________________________________________________________________________

You've changed into a bathrobe and set up the bed when Kazuya comes in. Chizuru is going to be staying on the other side of the room, so it has doors in the middle of the room.

"Ahhh! Today was relaxing." Kazuya yawns, and you agree.

"Well, I'm off to bed now." You say. "Good night-" The door suddenly opens with a loud slam. There stands Chizuru, with a bathrobe that is maybe too small for her. Kazuya notices it too, because his face is all red.

"Kazuya!" You hear Chizuru shout, but you're too tired to even argue.

"Chizuru-" Kazuya is dumbstruck.

"You can't let your family know about me, alright! I'm a rental! Your grandman is really kind and all that, but she already thinks of me as a daughter-in-law!"

"I-I'm sorry." Kazuya drops his head.

Chizuru calms down, but still adds. "It's fine. Just make sure to tell the truth."

Chizuru and Kazuya stares at each other for a long time until you fainlly decide that enough is enough.

Still rolled up in blankets you stand up, surprising both of them.

"If you're going to, if you're going to argue, do it on the other side pleaseases-" Your eyes clothes already, and you're asleep.

The other two are dumbstruck at your extreme sleepiness.

"Geez, he was that tired during the past weeks?" Kazuya asks.

"Yeah, he's been working really hard during the past week, I've heard piano sounds now and then, when I wasn't at his home." Chizuru responds.

"Wait.. you've been to his flat?" Kazuya questions.

"Yeah, we're really good friends." Chizuru leans over your sleeping face.

Hell, this is the only time he isn't looking tired. She thinks. "We'll just leave him like that. Good night." She goes off, leaving Kazuya alone. Kazuya mutters something, then goes to sleep himself.

_________________________________________________________________________

The next day, your dark circles are gone, and you look good as a newborn. You cheerfully shout out.

"Hey, Chizuru! Kazuya! Did you sleep well?" You wave your hand vigorously. Nagomi-san just smiles motherly, and Chizuru responds quite cheerfully too. Kazuya, however doesn't really look cheerful.

You can't remember a single thing that happened last night, probably because you were so tired. But you don't really give a shit.

Well, it was great meeting you guys. You too, Nagomi-san! I'll see you tomorrow Kazuya!" And you head off, catching a train.

Meanwhile in car, Nagomi-san sighs. "Y/N. He's so much more adult than you, Kazuya!" She scolds him, and Kazuya smiles nervously.

"Uh-huh, yeah, I guess."

Nagomi-san's voice turns playful. "Chizuru, honestly, I think Y/N would make such a better boyfriend."

Kazuya whines, and Chizuru simply says, "I like Kazuya more," but in the inside, she's wondering if Y/N would actually be a good boyfriend.

Just wondering.