Chapter 15-The Tesseract

Y/n pov:
I entered the meeting room only to be told that the Tesseract was stolen from the avengers lab while they were there here on Asgard.
And they need to go back to retrieve from some hydra base . As the meeting was done the avengers went to their rooms to pack up . And Steve was done first and snuck into my room , I was standing near the huge window reading , and Steve wrapped his hands around my waist from behind startling me.

"Sorry I didn't mean to startle you " he mumbled into my hair as he kissed my head. I smiled and gently turned in his arms and rested my head against his broad chest  and threw the book on my bed behind him.

"It's quite alright"I replied in a soft tone .

We stayed in each others arms for longer until I finally let go and cupped his cheek in my hand .

"Promise me you'll stay safe ? Or at-least come back alive? "I said and he chuckled

"I don't know about the stay safe, but I can promise to come back in one piece "he replied and I chuckled before stepping on my tip-toes and gently kissed his lips which he returned instantly.

"That's everything I wanted to hear "I replied and he chuckled

"Though I don't think I'll be able to return to Asgard after the mission princess "he said with a sad tone. I smiled and replied

"Don't you worry that pretty doll face of yours about it , I'll handle it"

"You're coming to earth ? I mean I don't think your father would al-" I cut of his rambling by another kiss . Which lasted longer than the previous one . We pulled apart to get a breath of air.And rested our foreheads against each other.

"Didn't I just tell you not to worry about it ?"I restated smiling which he returned.
Our moment was cut short by a knock at the door which made us step apart from each other . Just in time since my father doesn't wait for the "come in" part .

"hey luna I just wanted to ask you-" my father stoped mid-sentence as he saw Steve in my room. My father just smile and said.

"Ah captain there you are we have been looking everywhere for you come on let's go "he said and Steve looked at me then took my hand and kissed it .

" goodbye princess " he said with a smirk

" farewell captain" I replied with a smile as Steve passed my father and went out of my room . As my father turned to leave I stoped him.

" what is it luna?"

After a good 15 minutes of arguing he finally allowed me to visit earth with him , he promised that a couple days after the mission he'd come and get me . After our little argument I went with him to the Quinn jet.

" farewell friends . And please come back in one piece " I said they chuckled and nodded their heads but Natasha stood up and hugged me . (Shocking the entire team) . She whispered in my ear.

"I know that we may know each other for just a couple days but you helped me out of the red room and I'll be eternally grateful to you for that ." She siad as I returned the hug

"And know that I consider you the sister I never had " she said again in a hushed tone I smiled and replied

"I also consider you a sister nat . So come back alive or I'll revive you then kill you myself "I said and she chuckled

" I promise" she said and let go of me and went into the Quinn jet . Before the doors closed Steve flashed me a little smile which I returned and with that the Quinn jet left off heading back to earth .