First killed

A/N:Sorry for any mistakes. enjoy this chapter!
Azula's POV

It's my twelfth birthday and today father promised that we'd do something together. I don't have training with Aritho today but she promised she would be there for the party tonight. Ty lee and Mai are gonna be there to. They are gonna come early though so that we can hang out before all the more iMpOrtAnt persons arrive. Father barges is my room with a smile and come to me saying.

"Today is a big day. I asked Aritho to do your training session today because i noticed that you are ready to do the next step to be a general and my right hand." Smiling like crazy I fallow him. I like feeling important and like i'm in charge and this is exactly what the generals have. Plus he just said that i could soon become his right hand. that is really important role. They are high in the system. I am sure the others will respect me more if i do what father asks. Arriving at the training room i see a man chain on the ground. My teacher is looking at him like his in disgust. father says.

"This impurity is contaminated by the spirits. He is not respecting the natural law. Men are not supposed to be with men. this impurity will not make any strong fighter" His voice is really frightening not like anything he looked lile or sounded like before. Not even at the Agni Kai. I was getting scared by it. I see the look of fear in the eyes of the man and he looks like he would do anything to not be there. Suddenly like he thinks that's gonna save him he says.

" Guess what Your so dear general Aritho is not better than me! You don't need her you need someone that really do their job. I can do that!" Looking proudly by what he said. furrowing my brows in confusion. I wonder what im doing here. But when father took my arm to put me in front of him asking me to shoot him on the arm I just froze there. My teacher and father began to shout at me to do it. I break forming a fire ball i shoot it behind the man. Father roar at me to finish him but i've always been told that every soldier is important in a battle. It was a thing that Aritho had beaten into my brain, figuratively and truly. She always had been very strict on that point, everything that can help you in a battle is worth saving. Shaking my head negatively I look at the eyes of the man in front of me. A giant flame pass right beside me landing in the man's head. The scream fallowing is a sound oh to familiar. Zuko did the same at the Agni Kai. But this time there was no honour just horrible behaviour.  As I thought it was over another fame appeared this one landing in the chest of the poor man in front of me the smell of burning flesh invading my nostrils. The thing playing before me made me wanna trow up. The flesh was like a candle and it was melting on the ground nothing i saw before was more horrible than that. Even all these days in the cells I never experienced this. Why today? My lower lip begin to shake my eyes to tear up and my heart pumping extremely fast in my ears. The srtong arms of my father picked me up shouting at my teacher to clean up the mess. After sometime we arrive at my bedroom door. He puts me down and says to me to be ready for the celebration of my birthday. I don't want that anymore. All i want to do is trow up and forget the pleading look on the man's face and the contortions of it when the fire ball touches his arm head and chest.

I enter my room and collapsed on Nalian who was still sleeping on my bed. She grunt and let me relax. But i don't find the sleep all i see when i close my eyes is the sight of the burning man in front of me. After Agni knows how long a peasant come to tell me Ty and Mai are here I fake smile at them and let them in my room. Ty notice the state I'm in more than Mai and this is what scare me if she discovers something i won't be able to lie correctly. When i'm with her i just feel strange things. It's disturbing my judgement and my normally blank mental. But it's like i'm whole whenever i'm with her like i'm depending on her and i dont like it. Father says that if you depend on someone its a weakness. And it can be used against you in battle or to overthrow you. More i grow more this feeling grow and i'm scared. What if father notice and punish me for it like he punished this man today. After hours to play outside Oyan comes over Nalian and they look like they are conversing about something important. Nalian comes to me and nudge me to fallow her. Oyan disappeared right after. Nalian's voice rings in my head.