Summer

It's been 6 weeks since Harry returned from his first year at Hogwarts, and the Dursleys', his abusive aunt, uncle and cousin have been treating him awfully, making him do all the chores. 

"Clean the dishes!" 

"Wash the plates!"

"Mop the floors!". 

It was dreadful. 

It was dinner and post came for Mr. Dursley saying that his boss, Mr. Mason accepted his deal and would come for dinner at the 21st August. Vernon was excited to close the deal, and so was Mrs. Dursley, happy that her husband was happy. 

"Potter! I want you to polish the the trophies and change the pillows of the couch for the Masons' are coming to close the deal in 2 weeks! Don't forget that! Do you understand?" Mr. Dursley said, his voice stern.

"Yes, Uncle Vernon" Harry muttered. 

"Good, but if you do, you will be punished" Mr. Dursley warned.

Dudley laughed as Harry's eyes widen.

A week later, Harry had forgotten to do as Mr. Dursley said, and that day, Mr. Dursley came home from work angry. As he sat on the sofa, he realized Harry didn't change the pillow cases and polish the trophies. Mr. Dursley eagerly snatched the cane from the cupboard under the stairs and stormed up to Harry's room. 

"POTTER!" 

Harry heard Mr. Dursley and jumped from his desk. Mr. Dursley barged into the room and took Harry from the collar and pushed him to the wall.

"DID I NOT TELL YOU A WEEK AGO THAT THE MASONS' ARE COMING?" Mr. Dursley yelled angrily. 

Harry was frightened as he saw the cane in Mr. Dursley's hand and replied in a terrified voice, "Sorry sir, I forgot", 

"You forgot eh," said Mr. Dursley, "I'LL TEACH YOU A LESSON SO YOU WON'T FORGET!". 

Mr. Dursley threw Harry onto the floor, hitting him with the cane. Harry tried to stay as quiet as he could, but the slashes on his back were excruciating. He couldn't help himself from whimpering. Once Mr. Dursley heard the front door unlock, he stopped. 

"Learned your lesson?" Mr. Dursley snarled.

"Yes sir... ", replied Harry, refraining his tears from falling.

Mr. Dursley left the room, leaving Harry motionless on the ground. He heard a pop, but he couldn't move as his blood started oozing everywhere on the floor. He had deemed that day to be his last day before he joined his parents, but heard a pop again, and closed his eyes, falling into a dark abyss.

At the Weasleys'

"Fred, George! Stop annoying your sister", Mrs. Weasley said tiredly, "When will they ever learn?", 

A small creatures with big eyes and bat-like ears, and are usually very poorly clothed appeared in the kitchen, and Ron shrieked. 

"Who are you?" Ron asked, terrified of the thing before him. 

" Dobby sir, Dobby the house elf!" replied the creature, bowing at Ron, " I am here to inform you that Master Harry Potter is in danger! Blood spreading... Heavily spreading! You must go save him!". 

Mrs. Weasley widened her eyes, and said while stuttering, "C-can you t-take me there?"

Dobby nodded, and held Mrs. Weasley's hand before Apparating.

Once they arrived at Harry's room, Mrs. Weasley gasped at the sight before her. She looked down, and she gasped again at the sight of blood everywhere. She kneeled to Harry, stoking his hair softly. 

"Take me and Harry home please" Mrs. Weasley said. 

They apparated back to the Burrow while her sons' were searching her. 

"I'm here boys, Ron run to the kitchen and get the first aid kit" Mrs. Weasley said hurriedly.  

"Why?" asked Ron. 

"Because Harry's in a terrible state! For goodness sake Ronald!" Mrs. Weasley sighed.

Fred, George, Ginny and Mr. Weasley entered the living room and froze as they saw Harry on their sofa. 

Was this actually Harry Potter, the Boy who Lived on the sofa, wounded and scarred? 

Ron came to the living room carrying the first aid kit and froze as his best friend came into hindsight. He handed the first aid kit to his mother before stepping back, his eyes stilled on Harry.

'Is this actually my best friend, Harry James Potter bleeding on my couch?'