Memories

As soon as Hermione read Ron's letter, she was eager to go to the Weasleys, and arrived the very next day. The letter she received was horrifying, describing every single detail. When Mrs. Weasley opened the door, she wasn't surprised to see Hermione and her parents, and let them in. She showed Hermione to Ron's room and serve some morning tea to Mr. and Mrs. Granger before they left. 

"Harry! Is he alright? He looks awful" Hermione said, terrified by the sight before her.

"Mum said if the spells she did worked, he'll be just fine" Ron said calmly.

Hermione gave Ron a small smile, before sitting beside him and telling him about her summer, before they heard a groan.

"Ron, go call someone, now!"

Ron hurried downstairs as Hermione clutched Harry's hand.

"Harry, it's alright, Ron went to get someone" Hermione said worriedly.

Harry replied with a small, but painful groan. Hermione gripped his hand tighter, and Ron, followed by Mrs. Weasley came in with her kit, whispered something in his ear, and began to work her magic.

As Mrs. Weasley was helping Harry, Hermione thought something was off about Harry, the way he curiously looked at Ron, who was helping Mrs. Weasley, and saw the way he looked at her. The gleam in his eyes weren't the same, and Hermione blurted out, "Harry, are you alright?"

Harry replied, "Fine thank you...but who are you?"

Hermione, Ron and Mrs. Weasley froze. 

"Harry, I'm Hermione, you don't remember any of us?", Hermione said with an anxious expression on her face.

"Sorry, no"

Ron cursed under his breath, and Mrs. Weasley went to owl Professor Dumbledore. When Dumbledore arrived at the Burrow, he talked to Harry, telling him if he remembered anyone, and Harry just shook his head. 

Dumbledore left the injured boy to rest, and came out of the room saying, "There might be someone  who might help, and I know who" 

"Who?"

Professor Dumbledore said, "Remus Lupin"

*Meanwhile*

"Remus, carry the bag to the storage room!"

The second time Mr. Anderson, the shop keeper, said that. Remus worked as a clerk of a muggle supermarket, and has worked there ever since ever since Lily and James, his two best friends, were murdered, and were betrayed by another friend of theirs, Sirius Black. He hasn't seen the Potters' son, the Boy Who Lived for almost eleven years, all those happy days, before his parents were murdered in cold blood.

Remus went home that day at three in the afternoon, and laid on the sofa in the living room, thinking of what could've happened if Harry lived with him. That was impossible of course, with his condition and the blood wards, it was impossible. He was thinking hard until he heard a owl hooting, opened the window and the owl gave him a letter.

Dear Remus,

How are you doing?

I hope everything's alright, I am writing this letter to inform you that your friend's son, Harry, has lost his memory, and thought you might help with this condition you can apparate or floo to the Burrow, that is where he is being kept, you will be accompanied by Arthur Weasley.

Please write soon about how you would travel

Yours Sincerely,

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Remus couldn't believe what he just read. How could he have been thinking about Harry, and now there's a letter saying Harry lost his memories and it's up to him to retrieve his memories back. He had to do what was right, so he immediately got a pen and paper, and rote back to Dumbledore. He said that he'd arrive tomorrow via Apparition, he gave the letter to the owl, and started packing his things, he has to be there, if not for Harry, then for Lily and James.