The Runaway Bennett

I have to admit that learning how to walk and talk all over again is as boring as it sounds. But at least I had other things to occupy my mind, such as planning. Oh, the planning... The action begins after the Salvatore brothers arrive but the real action starts after the arrival of the Mikaelson family and that is the part that I'm looking forward to seeing.

But for now, I have to settle for making plans and backup plans because we all know that the only person that is 100% safe is the one and only Elena Gilbert. Plus under no circumstances would I let my little sister sacrifice herself for her, no fucking way. The moment I first saw Bonnie an invisible bond was formed, like a thread connecting us for life, in that moment I realized that I would do anything to protect her.

It's been exactly one year since I was born or better said reborn, reincarnated, however, you wanna call it, but that isn't the point. The strangest thing happened when my, soon to be a runaway, mother picked me up. Where my skin touched hers, a red light shone and I was filled with energy and warmth, it was euphoric. I looked at her face after I heard her gasp and she grimaced, it was obvious that I was hurting her. Luckily it wasn't painful enough for her to drop me. Her bewildered eyes looked at my confused ones. Was I siphoning her magic?

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Abby asked Sheila, the grimace on her face along with her strained voice a clear indicator of her feelings.

Sheila, on the other hand, was looking at me amused, the curiosity evident in her eyes.

"Well, well our little angel is a siphoner," Sheila stated and I was happy to neither hear nor see hate or discomfort while she was observing me. She didn't see me any differently than she had before. I grinned at Sheila and decided to say my first word "Angel".

She grinned and shook her head taking me from Abby "You're a cheeky little thing, aren't you?" she asked amused and I just grinned in reply.

"We're going to have our hands full with little Luna. We'll need to start teaching her magic." Sheila said determined and I couldn't be happier until Abby decided to rain on my parade.

"No, we can't! Are you crazy? She's a siphoner...an abomination Sheila! Do you even hear yourself? She will be the end of us!" her dislike for what I was couldn't be clearer. To say that it didn't hurt would be a pure lie...despite everything Abby was my mother and if she saw me this way then how can I expect a stranger to look at me differently?

"You should be ashamed of yourself! That is your daughter you're talking about! How can you judge her for the way she was born?!" Sheila held me tightly as if she was afraid for me and I couldn't blame her. Abby, my supposed mother was acting as if I was the antichrist.

"She is still my daughter, but I won't let her be a part of the supernatural world. If she is then she will always be in danger and a danger to others!" I would love to say that Abby was more worried about me, but judging by the way she spoke, it was clear that she thought I will bring hell to Earth.

A part of me hoped I would forget that this conversation ever occurred, but I knew that this was a lifelong lesson. Sometimes even those closest to you won't accept you for who you are. That is the sad reality. Life isn't all rainbows and butterflies. It's constant struggles and hardships and you have to continue fighting for yourself no matter what.

"This isn't up for discussion, you need to realize that when Luna inevitably comes in contact with a supernatural creature she could accidentally siphon them. No matter what supernatural creature, they could kill her. Witches hate siphoners, while werewolves and vampires just think about removing a potential threat. She is a threat to them all in their eyes and she needs to be able to defend herself if someone attacks her. I will not allow her to be defenseless." Sheila stated, feeling angrier and angrier the more she explained it to Abby.