Different Point of View

Hiya guys! Finally, I wrote a chapter in Nik's POV and only Nik's. Enjoy! 

Vote if you like it and let me know what you think!

Follow me for updates on future chapters!

♥️ Happy reading! ♥️

Nik's POV

I stood there looking at the battered body of a person I used to perceive as a friend. How foolish I was to believe that so easily. Luna had warned me but I didn't want to believe her. I have never been one to deny a challenge, so how could I deny one that came from her? 
I can't say that a part of me hadn't doubted him, but I hoped that I was wrong. Anger coursed through my body the longer I stared at the unmoving body of Stefan Salvatore. The traitor in our midst. My hand clenched around his throat and I wanted nothing more than to crush it into pieces, to crush him.

I could hear Luna's voice but it was muffled, reduced to nothing more than noise in the background. It was as if I couldn't hear anything around me clearly, but it didn't bother me as it let me work through the best way of dealing with the traitor. The anger and the pain I felt from another betrayal left me in a daze. I should be used to it by now, after all my own family has betrayed me countless times. For their betrayals, I already had a prepared punishment, a dagger to their undead hearts. I would leave them daggered until my anger and the pain of their betrayal fizzled out, and then some, another century or so would teach them their lesson. They were not to cross me. Ever.

Feeling steps coming closer to me, I immediately tensed up, ready to fight if need be. That was until I felt her near me and my shoulders immediately relaxed. She had that effect on me and I couldn't fight it even if I wanted to. I tried and failed each time. Recalling what Gloria had said before we entered my longing to be near her was quickly forgotten and my anger rose.

She soon stepped in front of me, but I ignored her presence and instead stared back at Stefan angrily. Her velvety voice reached my ears loud and clear this time around "Nik, look at me"
Showing no intention of paying her any mind, her hand soon enveloped mine, pulling it away from my prey. As always, tingles ran through me and she repeated her previous words "Look at me

This time I couldn't help my gaze from reaching hers. Despite the various emotions that swarmed my body and mind, I focused on the one that always made things easier, easier to explain, easier to understand. 

"What, Luna?!" I growled out, taking a step closer to her. If anyone else was standing in front of me they would take a step back, scared or surprised, but instead, she stood her ground and met me head-on. It was expected by now, but for some reason, it always seemed to surprise me to some extent. 

By now I was standing so close to her, I could feel her body flush against mine and if I hadn't been so mad at her my actions would be very different. Instead, my mind went into a frenzy over her actions and everything she hid from me.

"Anything else that you want to admit? What else have you been hiding? You made me sign some fucking blood contract and you didn't even tell me that the doppelganger was still alive!" I could feel my eyes flash amber as they always did when my anger took over. Her anger rose to the same extent and I could see the fire burning in her eyes. Her control was marvelous compared to mine but I could see it slowly slipping as her ragged breaths reached me. Her violet eyes shone just as bright as mine did, just as bright as her anger did.