Being a Diplomat

I woke up the next morning thinking about my next steps. Elena and Damon are both going to be on their own quests. Should I include Damon or talk to Elena directly? He will disagree with anything that puts her in any kind of danger. NEWSFLASH: She's a danger magnet! Shocking, I know. Who could have predicted that?

Remembering where Elena was based on the series, I realized that since it was the day after the kidnapping she must have already talked with Kitty Kat.

I got in my car and headed to the tomb while thinking about what I'll say to her. After all, Elena does tend to make dumb decisions which leads me to believe that even if I were to offer her the deal of a lifetime she would still betray me in the end or screw up something. I'm seriously contemplating letting Nik just kill her, not coming back to life, just dead. 

But...and that's a big but, she has a lot of people that care about her and those people would feel inclined to go on a revenge rampage. I don't want to have an altercation of any kind with my sister or even worse, a falling out. Plus I don't want the Mikaelson family to get hurt. So, being a diplomat it is.

I thought about calling Elijah for advice but let's be real if he didn't manage to do it in the canon version, I doubt he will succeed this time either. I should learn from his mistakes. I shouldn't conceal any important information, well besides the fact that I don't give a shit whether she lives or dies or that I would always choose the Mikaelson's over her. Again no hate, just a preference.

I called her when I was close to the tomb and she answered after two rings "Seraphina?" her surprised voice reached my ears. I've never cared enough to call her, until this moment.

"Hey Elena, I need to talk with you." I tried to sound serious but friendly, how does one do that? I have no clue.

"Sure, we can meet at the Grill. I'm on my way there." Elena replied, sounding a bit agitated but still kind. I assume that Stefan just found her in the tomb and won't get off her back. I mean it's one of the Salvatore brothers, what did you expect?

"Great. See you soon." and with that, I changed route and headed to the Grill. I finally arrived and scanned the place, immediately spotting her. I hadn't noticed any pesky Salvatores so I approached her and sat down across from her.

"Hey, how are you doing after everything?" I asked her kindly because it must have been stressful, getting kidnapped and finding out that someone wants to kill you for a sacrifice just because you're an exact copy of another woman.

She shook her head tiredly "Honestly, I don't know. I just want all of this to be over. I don't want anyone to get hurt. Everyone is in danger because of me. Damon is willing to risk everyone that I love and I'm not, whereas Stefan won't get off my back about staying safe and away from any kind of danger. So, you could say we're having a disagreement."

 "I get it. You don't want them to get hurt and they don't want you to get hurt. But there's more of them and one you. They will get what they want either way, whether you agree with their decisions or not." I stated sure of my words, they have done it over and over in the canon version and not much has changed.