Saving One Person At a Time

I know, I know, I said one chapter a day, buuuut I'll try to post two chapters today in order to make up for it! The sacrifice and their meeting coming real soon!  
I look forward to your comments! Vote if you like this chapter!

Btw would you like to read a chapter from Nik's POV? Or someone else's perhaps? Let me know. 

♥️ Happy reading! ♥️

My phone started ringing and without looking at it I turned it off and went inside. I decided to ignore everyone and their oh-so-big problems because well who cares? Just as I was about to crash on the couch, I realized that I will be turning tomorrow night. I will be breaking all my bones and turning into a wolf. How crazy is that when you think about it? Begrudgingly I dragged my feet to my room, taking the first sports bag I could find I packed some clothes to prepare for tomorrow.

I took off my talisman and left it in my hiding spot in my bedroom. Wouldn't want anyone to get ahold of it while I'm gone.  It was the first time I took it off and I felt strange without it. Not because of the magic but because of the comfort it gave me. With it, I felt like no matter where I was that I was never alone. Nonetheless, I didn't want to lose it in the woods, so leaving it at home would be safer. 

Deciding to get out of the house, for the time being, I rented an apartment close by. The only way to stir clear of their drama is to be physically as far away as possible. Wouldn't want to accidentally blow someone's head off, now would I? I mean I would, but not accidentally. I just had to be patient, now was not the time for killing, despite the werewolf inside of me itching to come out.

Considering that Tyler, Caroline, and Jenna were safe from Nik, I had nothing to worry about. They wouldn't be used for the sacrifice and even if Damon tried to save whoever Nik planned to use, it wouldn't matter. He had backups, but hey, he can try, maybe this time he will actually die from a werewolf bite. Katherine was still in the tomb, well to my knowledge...unless Nik had her but since they didn't even know that Elijah was alive I doubted that she saw the outside of the tomb since the Masquerade ball. 

That only leaves Jeremy to worry about. If everything were to happen as it did in the original timeline he would die. I wasn't sure if Bonnie and Jeremy were together this time around, but even if they weren't she would bring him back. The consequences were too big to simply ignore them. I wasn't in contact with Jeremy since everything started, but I had to ensure his safety. 

I called him immediately, waiting for him to answer impatiently. One ring. Two rings. Three rings and then I heard his innocent voice "Sera? Where the hell have you been? I heard what happened today, I understand that you don't want to help, but that doesn't mean you should abandon your friends!" Okay, his innocent voice sure showed a lot of anger. 

"Hey, Jer. I need to talk with you about something important. Can we meet?" I ignored his little speech, getting straight to the point. 

Immediately his voice changed from anger to concern "What's wrong? Did something happen?" Answering his question with one of my own "Can you meet me now?"

"Yeah, I'm at home, I can leave now. Where do you want to meet?" despite trying to calm himself down, I knew there must have been a million things going through his mind.