Chapter 1

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 1 - I can't even wish for anything better

Katie

I was getting excited as the minutes passed. I was enthusiastic about my trip to Ibiza, and I was finally going to meet Emma and Jessica. I was still in Miami waiting for my flight to board. I had bought four magazines to read them during my flight. It was going to be three flights and one boat ride to get to my final destination. The flight to New York wasn't going to be that long really, just like two hours but I was afraid of the 7-hour flight I had coming up. Luckily, I am going to be with Emma for that whole plane ride to Madrid.

I am a very single girl, so the first thing I do is check if they are any cute boys on my flight. Luckily the boy sitting next to me is completely hot and hopefully single. It was nice to talk to him the first few minutes of the flight until I realized he was a diehard American football fan and he hated "soccer". He then proceeded to insult said "soccer" and explain to me what real football was. His conversation made the 2-hour flight seem longer than it actually was. I couldn't be happier when I arrived in New York.

I had the day to myself pretty much because I had to wait for Emma to arrive in New York, so we could head to Spain. Emma was the coolest girl ever but lived on the other side of the country. Washington in fact, but she was Hispanic just like me. My family came from Peru and she was from Colombia. I was walking through New York City with my new Canon camera in hand. I was taking pictures of pretty much everything I could see. I was going to email them to my sister as soon as I could because I had promised to keep her updated about my trip.

I was about to head back to the airport when I got a text message. I pulled out my phone and saw that it was from Emma. I immediately took the subway and headed back to the airport. I arrived and texted her that I would meet her at the gate. Just as I was arriving at the gate, I saw her sitting down with a book in her hands. She had her brown hair in a side ponytail. I felt so happy seeing her for the first time. She was better-looking than in pictures.

"Emma, Emmabeens?" I said and she looked up at me with a warm smile. It was the cutest thing ever because of her dimples.

"Katie, Kat!" She said standing up and pulling me into a hug. We were both jumping up and down like idiots really excited about spending time together for the first time ever. This was the first time we ever got to spend time together in person since we met online a couple of years back.

We instantly fell into chit chat about our flights. I told her all about the annoying boy I got to sit next to and she felt sorry for me. Our conversation flowed and it was something I had never experienced. Back home I didn't have that many friends and most of the girls I actually felt close to lived far away. I was showing her the pictures of my day in New York when the flight attendant called our flight. We both shuffled towards the door and were crushed when we realized we were not sitting together.

We arrived in Barcelona around 9 hours later. I was feeling jetlagged but that wasn't going to stop me from enjoying my few minutes in Barcelona before we leave for Ibiza. We were looking for Jessica in the docks and it was difficult to find her. I eventually found someone that resembled the pictures I have seen of Jess.

"I am pretty sure that is her," I said pointing at the person so Emma could see.

"Yeah, that is her," Emma said smiling and we both started walking towards her. "Jessica?" Emma said and Jessica saw us.

"Emms! Kat!" Jessica pulled us into a hug. "I can't believe we are going to Ibiza." She said jumping up and down all excited.

"Honestly, you guys don't know how thrilled I am for this trip. I had a huge fight with my family, and I wish this trip can clear my mind." I said and they both pulled me into a hug. Emma and Jess knew all about my problems at home.