Chapter 42 - Moments

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 42 - moments

Katie

         The next morning I was still thinking about the secret  was keeping from Isco. I still couldn’t believe I was planning on renting a flat in Malaga. Emma, Alma and I have talked about this and they knew I wasn’t as happy in Barcelona as I should be. I wanted to be closer to Isco. I never thought my life would come to this, being in the city I love more than anything and not being fully happy. Joaquin promised me that during Holy Week he’s going to help me find a school for me, and Isco still had no clue.

         I was still in bed. Isco had woken up before me and was probably in the living room, but I could get myself out of bed. I was so scared of facing him. I couldn’t keep this in much longer. I heard the bedroom door open and I closed my eyes not wanting him to notice I was completely away. I heard his footsteps as he walked closer to me, and didn’t react until his lips were on mine. I opened my eyes pretty quickly to catch him smiling at me.

         “Mornin’. Big big day today.” He said touching the tip on my nose.

         I followed him to the living room where he had set up breakfast for us. It was the whole thing. waffles, toast, fruits and, in case we wanted some, cereal. We sat there eating in silence as he tried to read my face. I smiled and tried to think about other things. Today was going to be the first time we watch a match together in a stadium. It was a big thing, I think. I usually watch matches with my best friends or little sister, and all we do is make jokes and fangirl about players. What was Isco going to think of my comments?

         “You want to go out do something, or stay here and watch movies?” Isco asked and I hated when he made me choose what we were going to do. I was bad at making decision and knowing what I want.

         “Killing me here.” I said making him laugh. I took my last bite of waffle and thought about it. “How about we go shopping?” I said and he made a weird face as if that is the last thing he wanted to do. It resulted in me laughing.

         “Okay.” He said and kissed me.

         We then went to the bedroom and got changed. I wore a white shirt with a light blue sweater thinking Isco would appreciate it. He wore a blue shirt and jeans. It was still a bit cold outside, so I grabbed my coat as we left and put it on. Isco opened the car door for me and it all seemed like our little routine.

         He took me to where his favorite stores are, and I was just happy to spend time with him. If it was any other day, and of course he wasn’t injured, I would be spending this time alone waiting for the match. Sometimes I got to spend it with some of Isco’s friends, others I spent them with the other wags, but I prefer Isco over all of them. We entered a store and I was blown away by everything. It was as if Isco knew exactly the kind of clothes I liked to wear. He started smirk and I think it was because of the smile on my face as I started looking through the store. Isco went off into the men section and looking for thing for himself.

         I would look for things in my size and tried on at least 20 items of clothing, but when it came to the price I had to let go of them. I wasn’t rich and I didn’t come from a family of money. I am living in Spain because I split the rent for my flat between my two best friends and the money for food comes from my mom. I grabbed one skirt and showed it to Isco, hoping to hear his honest opinion. He turned to me and I could see the shock all over his face. He had a couple of shirts in his hands for himself.