Chapter 31 - Happy Birthday to you my love.

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 31 - Happy Birthday to you my love.

Isco

I was really hating these long periods of time without Katie. I wish she could move to Barcelona already with Emma and Alma. That way I can see her on the weekends I play at home. It would be harder for me to spend time with her, but today was her birthday and I can't be with her like I wanted to and it sucks. It was too early to call her and I wasn't in the mood for small talk so I decided to make myself breakfast at home instead of eating at the club. I was starting to make myself food when the phone rang and I answered it quickly without looking at the screen.

"Hello!" I said putting the eggs on the pan.

"Hi, honey!" My mom said from the other line.

"Mom!" I was glad to hear her voice. She was here last week and she was really helpful. I finally told her the truth and now she is really supportive of Katie and me. Now she loves Katie and constantly calls me to ask about her and know how things are. I was surprised to get a call from her today.

'"How are you today?" She asked because she knew I was down today because it's Katie's birthday.

"I'm good mom, how about you?" I lied, I didn't want her to come over and talk to me. Our relationship has gotten better, but I am still a bit mad at her for some of the things she said to Katie.

"Great, You know you can talk to me about anything." She said and I was staring at my plate waiting for this conversation to end even if it just started.

"Mom, I'm eating breakfast, can I call you later?" I said with a smile.

"Sure, I love you hun." She said and hung up. I ate my omelet and walked around the house for a while. I texted Katie 'Happy Birthday' and then headed for the club.

It was pretty much just like every other day, and I really didn't like that at all. It was just any other day, it was her birthday. Just like every other day, Ignacio asked me about Katie. It was weird how I was feeling and I kind of wanted things thing to just be alright and me not missing her. I was giving up and just spending the rest of the day in bed when my phone rang. It was her.

"Hello." I said smiling to myself.

"HI!" She said all cheerful and I was glad one of us was cheerful.

"Happy birthday!" I said, this is the second time I have wished her a happy birthday and it just didn't feel right.

"Thank you." She said and I was a bit mad that she was so happy when I just want to cry because of how much I miss her. "Guess what I got?" She said even more excited than before.

"Me?" I said wanting to her laugh and she did.

"I've had you for months now, so I wasn't talking about that." She said still laughing. "Oh, and you've had me too." I bit my lip because with just one sentence she made me feel a whole lot better. I got out of my car and made my way to my car as I waited for her to say what it was. "My mom got me a new lens for my camera."

"Really?" I knew that made her really happy because she loves that things more than me.

"Yes," She started giggling. "I've been using it all morning and the pictures turn out so amazing," I picture her taking pictures of things around her house. "I can't wait to take pictures of us with it." I smiled as I entered the apartment.

"Did you get my present?" I asked with a smile. I sent her one of my jersey's I used in the World Cup this year. I kept most of them because of what they meant to me.