Chapter 41 - the rest of our lives

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 41 - the rest of our lives

Isco

          I was sitting in my living room waiting for Katie to call. She was supposed to arrive yesterday, but she called and told me she had a lot of work to do before she left and that she would arrive today. My knee was feeling a lot better, but as a precaution I am going to be watching the match on the stands with Katie next to me. I was excited to see her more than I am used to. Like I was excited to see her every weekend I was able to spend with her, but today the excited was building up inside of me and I was about to explode. I felt a lot better after talking to Bojan and I can say that was the most awkward conversation I had ever had.

          I don’t even know why I decided to do that, maybe it’s because I would feel better if I told him how serious things are between Katie and I. Of course Katie wanted to know everything but she never asked me about the conversation. I could see in her face how much she wanted to know. The conversation should stay between me and Bojan. Once because I don’t want her to know how much it bothered me and two because I think that would make it easier for Bojan to get over her. I look at my watch and wonder why Katie still hasn’t arrived. I decided to call her and she answered after a few rings.

          “Hello!” I heard Katie say and I just had to smile.

          “Hey, where are you?” I was hoping she wouldn’t say that she can’t come because that would break my heart.

          “Oh, I am with Joaquin…” She said and then paused after a few seconds she continued. “He was at the airport waiting for me and we are having lunch. I was going to call you but he took my phone.” She paused again and then Joaquin said something to her and she spoke again. “I am going to let him explain everything.”

          “Hey Isco,” Joaquin said making me even wonder what they both had planned. “I just wanted to hang out with your girlfriend, you are selfish when she is here and always keep her to yourself. So i just decided to kidnap her, I hope you don’t mind.” I started to laugh along with him.

          “You should’ve told me,” I said and stopped laughing. “I have a right to be selfish, she is my girlfriend.” I looked out the window and Joaquin was right. I am selfish when it comes to her. “Have fun.” I said biting my lip realizing that I will have less time with her now.

          “We will.” Joaquin said and he passed the phone back to Katie.

          “Isco,” She said and I felt more relaxed. Whenever she said my name like that it made me relax, it was so weird. “I’ll be there soon, I promise.”

          “Just…” I started to say not wanting her to worry about me. “have fun.”

          “I will,” She said and I hoped that she was smiling. “I love you,” She said and now I was smiling.

          “I love you too.” I said and we both hung up.

          After hanging up the phone I didn’t know what to do to kill time. I had plans of things that we could do together but now I was all alone. I turned to my computer to see what I can do. I signed into twitter and update it. ‘Important match tomorrow against a tough rival.’ I wrote thinking about how we have a match against Barcelona tomorrow. I continued to look for things on the internet and after a few seconds I realized what I wanted to do.

          I turned off the computer and leave my apartment. I walk down the street in search for the nearest candy store, maybe I would get some sweets for Katie. The street was full of people and I tried my best to not bump into anyone. I finally found the store and entered. The cashier gave me a warm smile and I made my way to my favorite candies. I got a bag full of them and some that I knew Katie would enjoy and paid for them. I was walking back to my apartment when I spotted Katie.

          She was standing there in front of my building. She had her long brown hair loose and a duffle bag on her hands. She was wearing jeans, high heels,  a sweater and a coat. She was was on her phone probably dialing my number. She brought up the phone to her ear and I felt mine vibrate on my pocket. I didn’t bother picking it up I just took the few steps towards her.

          “Isco,” Katie said when she finally noticed me. She pulled me into her arms to hug me. “Candy!” She said taking the bag away from my hand. “Hi.” she said followed by a kiss.

          “Katie,” I said putting my hand around her waist and pulling her into another kiss. “How are you?” I said kissing her again. I turn around and start opening the door to the building.

          “I’m good,” She said as she started to eat some candy. “Joaquin showed me around town.” She was smiling as she entered the building with me.

          “really, but I already showed you around.” I said putting my hand around her waist.

          “Yeah,” She hesitated a bit. “But he showed me other things.” She said and we entered my apartment. She took off her coat and placed it on the coat rack.

          “You are hiding something from me.” I said grabbing the bag of candy and picking a few sweets and eating them.

          “No, I’m not.” and just as she finished came her nervous laughter. I knew her pretty well which made me fear things will become predictable between us.

          “If you say so…” I said moving closer to her and pressing my lips against hers. SHe was about to say something but then she stopped herself.

          “I am so excited for tomorrow’s match.” She said and walked over to the kitchen and served herself something to drink changing the subject.

          “really?” I asked sitting on the couch.

          “Yes!” She said coming out of the kitchen with a glass of coke in her hand. “I get to watch a whole football match with you and that rarely happens. We only get to watch the Barcelona games together and that is here in your couch.” She said sitting next to me.

          “true.” I said taking a sip of her drink. She glared at me, like she usually does. “Even though you are the worst person ever to watch matches with.”

          “Not cool, bro.” She said and then started laughing. She moved closer to me and rested her face on my shoulder. “I wish it was holy week, so I could spend it here with you.”

          “You are going to be here a whole week.” I said and I was a bit nervous about this. I wasn’t used to having Katie here for more than two days and I didn’t know how things will go. I am hoping things will be great. I was really happy with her and I was actually starting to picture us living the rest of our lives together.