Chapter 30 - I am so in love with him that I still can't believe it

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 30 - I am so in love with him that I still can't believe it

Katie

           I was in his bedroom all alone and it felt just like home. As always, I was enjoying my time with him more than I expect, and my expectations were pretty damn high. I looked around his room and saw the digital picture frame I got him next to his bed. I made a mental note to get him a better gift once I got a better job. I smiled and turned it on. I was playing with the heart necklace isco just gave me as I continued to look around his room. Above his bed he had the jersey. It was the jersey of his debut match in any major competition in Spain, it was a Copa del Rey match with Valencia, but it was his first match and the first time I saw him. I remember I watched the match for Juan Mata but ended up falling in love with Isco. I never would have thought I would actually fall in love with the real him.

           I laid on the bed and was surprised that I wasn’t tired at all. I laid there facing the door to the bathroom as I waited. I pictured him walking out of the bathroom with his hair all damp and looking amazingly beautiful, as always, and kissing me all night until we fall asleep. I was so lost in my daydream that I didn’t hear the door open. I just felt someone jump on the bed. I almost fell off the bed, but, like always, Isco was quick and caught me.

           “What the hell?” I screamed at him. Isco was on top of me and was smiling. He started to laugh and the look on his eyes told me exactly what he was going to do next. “Isco! Don’t you dare!” I said trying to push him away and just like that he started to tickle me and I felt myself lose control. I couldn’t stop the laughter or push him off. I hated being tickled.

           “Say the magic words.” He said but he didn’t even give me a chance to say them.

           “I.” I could barely say. “love you?” I tried to finish saying and he stopped. I tried catching my breath but it was hard. “Actually right now, I hate you so much.” I said sitting on the edge of the bed and trying to breath.

           “You don’t.” He said laughing to himself. “You love me.” He said and I felt his arms around my waist.

           “You almost tickled me to death.” I said exaggerating way too much hoping he would get just how much I hated that he did that.

           “Fine, I’m sorry,” He said and kissed my neck. “I just didn’t know how to come out and say this… I love you Katie, I love you so much.” He said and I turned around to look at him. He finally said it, I thought to myself. “I love you, Katie.” He said and I smiled.

           “I love you, more. Isco Romantico.” I said pulling my arms around his neck and kissing him. “I’m not mad at you anymore.” I said pushing him against the bed and continued to kiss him again. I ran my hands through his hair while he ran his fingers through my back. He was really enjoying this and I was enjoying it too. He was kissing my jawline and making his way to my ear when he finally whispered something.

           “You are fucking teasing me, aren’t you?” He said a bit out of breath.

           “Maybe.” I said resting my head on his chest.

           “Did it make you feel any better?” He knew why I did it. It was payback for him tickling me, but it actually backfired on me. I had to pull myself back because I actually did want him.

           “Not at all.” I said closing my eyes.

           “Come on, let’s watch a movie.” He said kissing my forehead. “it will make you feel better,” he said holding my hand. “I promise.” We both sat on the couch and he turned on the TV. I was feeling horrible with myself. I first told him I wasn’t ready, but I am now and I am so confused. “Katie, come here.” He said sitting next to me and pulling me close to him. “Don’t feel bad. Now we both know what to expect next time.”

           I smiled because in a way his words made me feel better. I actually enjoyed the movie, it was great to just be with him and just spend time like this. Just in his arms watching a movie, even if he did fall asleep halfway through it. He really did know what to say to make me smile. i am really lucky to have him in my life. I kissed his o forehead and then went to sleep with my head on his chest.

           The sun woke us up the next morning. I am supposed to leave later today, but we spend the entire morning together watching Formula 1 and eating cereal. Once the race was done and Sebastian Vettel won once again, we decided to make our way back to my hotel so I could get ready to leave. I got dressed pretty quickly and most of my things were already inside my suitcase.

           Isco drove us to the airport and we spent 5 minutes in each others arms not wanting to let go. I hated leaving him. It was the worst part out of all of this. He was always all cheery and saying that we’ll be together again soon, but it was just wrong leaving him. Isco kissed my forehead for like the third time and I started to cry.

           “Katie, don’t cry.” He said lifting up my chin so I could face him.

           “I’m sorry, it’s just, I hate leaving.” I said pushing back my tears and hating that I was making this into a big deal.

           “I love you, Katie.” He said and leaned down to kiss me.

           “I love you too, Isco.” I said kissing him.

           “Now get your butt in there, go to school. pass your classes so you can come back and show me your diploma and I can shower you with kisses and we can all be happy.” He said making me laugh.

           “You always know exactly what to say.” I said squeezing him one more time and let go. “I miss you already.” I said taking one step back.

           “Hey, don’t go missing me too much.” He said making me laugh again.