Chapter 15 - I just want to get to know you better

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 15 - I just want to get to know you better.

Katie

Isco led me to his place and I just couldn't believe I was here. I was finally going to see the place I've imagined in my head millions of times. His hand was in mine and it felt right just like it always did. I wasn't going to cry anymore or I really didn't want to cry anymore, but I don't know if I am ready for what Isco had to say. He opened the door to his place and It took me by surprise.

It was small and pretty basic. It had the small living room with a basic couch and it wouldn't be a male apartment without the big flat screen tv and the playstation 3. It had a small kitchen the the table next to it with just four chairs. There was a hallway that lead to the rooms and it had big windows and a small balcony. The room was painted white and if it was my place, I would've at least added a bit of color. I stood there by the door and kept looking around the room, while Isco just watched me.

"Make yourself at home." He said smiling at me. He put my luggage by the door and closed it. He took off his shoes and then walked towards the couch. He waited for me to join him, but I was looking around the room and making mental notes of what I can give him to make this place feel more alive and less this.

"Your place is really nice." I said finally joining him on the couch. I pulled my legs on the couch and put my arms around them.

"Comes with the job," He said and I felt my heart sink. I was more afraid of his conversation that anything else. "I'm a professional football player, I play for Malaga football club." He said and then turned to look at me and was surprised to find me smiling at him.

"I know." I said with a wide smile. I was surprised with my own excitement about all of this.

"What?" He said shaking his head. "You knew, all this time?" He said surprised and looked at me. I just nodded at him and he covered his face with his hands and I started to giggle. "All that time in Ibiza I was freaking out that you would find out without me telling you, and you knew?" He said and really can't stop myself from giggling.

"I was waiting for you to tell me." I said and started to play with my Malaga bracelet. I was looking at his name and the crest and just smiled up at him. "I am one of your biggest fans," I said and then reached out to touch his cheek since looked my way once I started to speak. "You're my favorite player ever." I said smiling from ear to ear because it felt great to take that off my chest.

"This is crazy." He said and I stopped smiling.

"Does it bother you?" I asked him and I looked away from him..

"No," He said pulled my chin up to look him in the eyes. "How can you act to normal around me if I am your favorite player?" He said smiling at me. "I would've never known if you hadn't told me. This is just perfect." He said and then kissed my cheek.

"It's not." I said giggling and lightly shoved him.

"No, it is." He said holding my hand. "Now I know that you will enjoy as much as I do the biggest part of my life."

"You are going to have to stand me talk about your teammates as if they are a piece of meat." I said making Isco laugh.

"As long as I am the one you want to be with, I am good with that." He said and then messed up my hair. "Now the important part." He said and I got comfortable, ready for the long story. "The whole thing my mom has against to has to do with my ex." He said and then reached out his hand and rested it on my thigh. "It's complicated, but I am going to try to explain it all. Filipa was my first like real serious grown up relationship. I was still young, I was still in Valencia, and when I got transferred to Malaga, she wasn't willing to come move with me and I never asked her to."