Chapter 40 - I don't even know how I got this lucky.

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 40 - I don't even know how I got this lucky.

Isco

          I was sitting by the bar of the place Bojan told me to meet up. 20 minutes had passed and he still hadn't showed up. The bartender kept asking me if I wanted something to drink, but I still hadn't ordered anything because I was full from having dinner with Katie.

          "Do you think she stood you up?" The bartender said to me as he was wiping clean one of the glasses. He looked young, maybe just 2 or three years older than me.

          "I'm not waiting for my girlfriend." I said with a half smile looking at my phone in my hand. I hadn't noticed I was toying with it against the table as I looked out the door.

          "The other girlfriend?" The guy said and I chuckled.

          "I only have one girlfriend, and she is the only one I want." I said turning towards him. "Can you bring me a glass of water?" I said to him just to distract him for a moment and he would stop asking me questions.

          The bartender walked away to get me my glass of water and I turned to look toward the door again and saw Bojan arrive. He spotted me pretty quickly and after messing up his short brown hair, he started walking towards me. We didn't know how to great each other at friend. We just nodded at each other and he sat down on the empty seat next to me.

          "Here you go." The bartender said putting the glass of water in front of me. He turned to Bojan and asked if he would like anything but Bojan turned him down and he just went to focus on the other customers.

          Bojan and I sat there in silence for what felt like hours, but was really like 5 minutes. I didn't know how to bring the subject up and I had been the one to ask him to meet up. I turned to look at Bojan and all I could think about was how he would be perfect for Katie. He had a pretty face, and played for Fc Barcelona. He could probably give her things I can't. An amazing house in Barcelona, and she could become a club member and go to matches. What can she get with me?

          With me, all Katie has is a long distance relationship that means she can sometimes go to see me play in another city. I can offer her an apartment which the club pays for, and a house that I live in with my parents. Most of my friends are madridistas, and I love my Malaga over any other team in the world. I am just 22 and I don't have a lot to offer her, unlike Bojan.

          "Why did you ask me to come her?" Bojan said breaking the silence once and for all.

          "I just wanted to know..." I said forget everything that had just popped into my head. "I really love Katie." I said looking at my hands. "I am not here to tell you to stay away from her because she loves having you as a friend. I am not going anywhere. I love this girl more than anything, right now and you can probably offer her more than I can... But I have no intentions of letting go of her." I said looking over at Bojan and seeing the expression change in his face.

          "Fine, I'll back off." Bojan said rolling his eyes at me. "You didn't have to ask me to meet up to just tell me that, you can do it via phone." Bojan said getting off the chair and putting his hands inside his heavy jacket.

          "Bojan, wait." I said shaking my head. "You don't understand." I said messing up my hair.

          "What do you mean I don't understand? You love Katie, you are not backing off. I get it. I'll move on" He said shaking his head.

          "I want you and her to still be friends..." I said looking at the ground smiling. "The past few weeks, for her, have been better because she has another person to talk to." I said remembering all the late night phone calls when I am supposed to be sleeping that she tells me about her day. "She enjoys spending time with you."

          "First you tell me to back off, but now you want me to take your girl? Isco... I am confused." Bojan said looking at me funny.

          "I said I wanted you to be friends, not to take my girl." I said chuckling and Bojan laughed with me.

          “Okay, okay…” Bojan said messing up his short brown hair. “Do you need a ride to the airport?” He asked taking me by surprise.

          “Um… Sure.” I said and followed him out the bar.

          Bojan took me to the airport and I slept the short flight back to Malaga. I got home and the first thing I did was search for my laptop to call Katie. It had only been like 3 hours apart and I missed her more than anything. I called her up on skype and her face quickly appeared on my screen.

          “Hello ugly face.” Katie said giggling. Her hair was now in a bun on the top of her head and she was wearing a onesie.

          “Hello beautiful.” I said making her smile. “What are you wearing?” I asked with a half smile.

          “Something to keep me warm while you are not here, do you like?” She said posing.

          “It’s cute.” I said with a half smile.

          “good.” She said with a smile. We talked to hours, more like until I fell asleep. She never asked about my conversation with Bojan and it was great. She was smiling and was just so happy that made me miss her even more. Just the way she talk to me made it all seem unreal. I've been with this girl for less than a year and I sometimes think she is too good for me. The way she talked to me and the smile on her face made it all amazing and better.