Chapter 12 - This weird feeling in my stomach

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 12 - This weird feeling in my stomach

Isco

          I was actually sad this morning because it was Katie’s last day here. I begged her to stay a few more days but she was leaving tomorrow for England to go to some concert with Emma. I was now free for the rest of the day and I was ready to see her. I knocked on her door and got no reply. I pulled out my phone to call and her and she replied really quickly.

          “Katie, where are you?” I said once she picked up. I was craving to see her and just hold her tight in my arms.

          “I’m right behind you.”  She said and I turned around to see her there looking completely casual. She had her hair in a messy bun and she had a lot of junk food in her arms. I was surprised to see her with all those bags. “I didn’t know what you liked?” She said with a huge smile.

          “Hello beautiful,” I said grabbing some of the bags she had in her arms and kissing her cheek.

          “Hello Isco.” She said and I noticed in her eyes that something was wrong. I wanted to ask her what was wrong, but I didn’t want to ruin our last night with drama and I didn’t want her to cry. I wanted her to remember this night forever, tonight has to be perfect.

          Katie opened the door to her room and placed the bags on the table. She asked me what I wanted for room service and then ordered. She was just fixing up the room a little bit and then smiled at me.

          “Okay, so we are gonna stay here tonight and watch movies and eat and eat, I hope you like eating. I love it.” She said and just nodded at her.

          “Perfect.” I said and we both laid on the bed together holding hands as the movie started.

          I’ve spent the entire day planning what I wanted to tell Katie tonight. I wanted to ask her a very important question. I’m scared of what her answer will be, I am pretty sure she will accept my offer but you really can never know. Things have been great between us and I’m scared that something will go wrong.

          Most of the time I’ve spent with her has been more than perfect and I just want that everyday of my life. I want her to be by my side and be my support. Tonight I will tell her all about Malaga and I don’t care if she hates the sport or loves it. I just want her to be there, every match, cheering me on. That is all I want, her.

          Katie seemed to be distracted for most of the part, just like me. She was thinking about many things and it was easy to read it on her face. I wasn’t sure if it was that she wasn’t enjoying the movie, but she was holding on to my hand with all of her strength and I liked that. I don’t want her to let go and It seemed she wasn’t ready to do that any time soon.

          “You okay?” I whispered in Katie’s ear making her smile. She looked up at me and tried to smiled at me again but I could see she was hiding something.

          “Yeah, I’m great.” She said and I didn’t believe her. I was ready to ask her again and call her out on lying to me, but when I was going to open my mouth we both heard the knock on the door telling us room service arrived. I don’t know how but she knew I was going to ask her about it, so she jumped off the bed and headed towards the door.

          We ate in silence and it was killing me. Katie avoided me trying to make eye contact with her. Yes, you can say that is was driving me crazy. I know I haven’t done anything wrong to make her act this was, so her behavior has something to do with the fact that she is leaving tomorrow. I knew that it can’t be anything other than that.