Chapter 26 - It was supposed to be a surprise

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 26 - it was supposed to be a surprise.

Katie

          I was sitting in the living room waiting for my mom to get ready. We have to get to the airport soon and she is not even freaking out. My little sister was playing the new videogame that she got and wasn’t even paying attention to me. At first I mentioned the match tickets to her but she wasn’t interested, but then I decided to go with my mom. This would be a great opportunity for her to meet Isco and that makes this weekend even more important.

          “Mom!” I screamed for the 5th time in the past 20 minutes. “We have to go.” I  said again and if she wasn’t ready to leave in the next 5 minutes I was going to leave without her. I walked over to the mirror and fixed my hair. It was longer than last time time Isco saw me.

          “Ready!” My mom said walking out of her bedroom. My little sister got out of the couch and grabbed the keys before me.

          “I’ll drive.” Oh great, as if my nerves weren’t getting the best of me, now this. We got on the plane at 3:00pm on a thursday afternoon and we were supposed to arrive at Malaga early Friday morning and I just couldn’t wait to see him.

          When we arrived at Malaga, I felt the butterflies in my stomach again. I was so nervous to see him again. I still hadn’t seen him and I felt my knees grow weak. When I finally saw him, I felt like I was falling in love with him again. All of the nerves were gone and I just wanted to run into his arms and kiss him. I had realize not so long ago at I was in love with him. I’ve been wanting to say the words since the moment I realized it but saying it over the phone or computer screen wouldn’t be the same as in person.

          I really didn’t want to make a scene, but I quickly walked towards his arms and gave him a quick kiss. Isco put his arms around me and held me tight as if he was taking it all in.

          “Isco, this is my mom.” I said once he let me go and my mom caught up to us. I really wanted things to go right this weekend, I wanted it to be different from when I met his parents.

          “Hi Mary.” Isco said with a Charming smile.

          “Nice to finally meet you, Isco.”  My mom said shaking Isco’s hand and it was all feeling normal.

          “I offered my apartment, but your daughter here said it would be better if you stayed in a hotel.” Isco said looking at me with a half smile. I was never going to hear the end about that.

          “It’s okay,” My mom said with a warm smile and we started walking towards Isco’s car. He held my hand and took my bag.

          He drove us to the hotel first and he was very patient, or maybe I was the overly excited one. We left out things in our room and headed out. Isco showed us all of his favorite places in Malaga. My mom was smiling and telling all about the time she was in the city with her family. My camera was filled with pictures of us and the beautiful city. I had to be careful where I posted these pictures. I didn’t want my father to find him and since Isco is famous, well that too. Isco drove us to a small cozy restaurant and I didn’t know if he was ready for what was going to come next.

          My mom started asking him questions. She wanted to know everything, even some intimate questions. She asked about many things, like what he did in his free time, the team and especially about his family. She was probably curious if he worked things out with his mom or not. I found this funny because Isco would look at me as if not knowing what to say. I started to laugh but he answered them truthfully and he made me happy. I squeezed his hand under the table when my mom asked the worst question of all.

          “So, things are pretty serious between you two?” She asked and I felt my cheeks grow warm.

          “Yes, they are.” He answered quickly and looked at me.

          “Have you told her how you feel?” My mom asked and I wanted to die. She was asking questions now about the conversation I had with her during our plane ride.

          “No,” Isco said smiling at me. “but I was hoping to have a chance to do that this weekend.” He said laughing. “it was supposed to be a surprise.” He said chuckling.

          “Then I am going to act like I didn’t hear anything, but I am really excited.” I said giggling and winking at him.