Chapter 11 - I know it's real and I shouldn't listen to her

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 11 - I know it's real and I shouldn't listen to her

Katie

          The days passed and again I was seeing less of Isco. I knew it didn't mean he wasn't interested in me after he told me those things last time. It actually meant his mom was trying to keep us apart. I still don't get why Isco hasn't told me the reason his mom has it against me, but I kind of do. He doesn't want to ruin what we have with family, I still don't even know what we have because we haven't talked about it. Emma and Jess must think I am dumb for falling into his trick of him saying pretty things but I just know that this is real and that this is something.

          I was by the pool working on my tan, since my days here are coming to an end, and thinking about Isco. I was thinking I might surprise him tonight or something when I heard the chair next to me move as if someone sat on it. I looked up quickly hoping to see Isco there but Jess was there.

          "Hello." Jess said to me when I turned to look at her.

          "Hey," I said and I found it weird Jenson wasn't attached to her hip like he had been for most of the trip.

          "How are you feeling?" She asked and I just smiled at her. She probably thinks Isco and I stopped talking or something since I spend my time either alone or with Emma.

          "I feel great, how about you?" I asked her trying to see if she understood nothing was wrong.

          "Good, are things between you and Isco okay?" She asked and I just rolled my eyes at her. Most of the trip she's spent it with Jenson and away from us and now she comes to ask me questions.

          "They are really great." I said still smiling at her. "He is just spending time with his family." I said and Jess started to smile.

          "Great,"  She said and it was obvious that she was starting to feel like a sucky friend for not being here for me or Emma at all this past few weeks. "Have you talked about the relationship and what you will do when you two leave?" She said and I nodded even though it was a lie. Isco and I haven't talked about after this but she didn't need to know that.

          "I'm thirsty, you want something to drink?" I asked her she just nodded. She asked for the same drink as always and I walked to the bar to look for them.

          I ordered and then waited for the drinks and looked around the pool while I waited to see if i recognized anyone. I turned back to the bar when I saw Isco's mom walking towards me. She's just coming to the bar to get something to drink, I said to myself trying to not make much of it. I wanted to run but I couldn't, my feet were glued to the ground.

          "Here you go, Miss. Have a nice day." The bartender said handing me the two drinks and I just turned towards Jess was and Isco's mom was standing there, in front of me. She had a piercing stare and a face that reminded me a little bit of her son.

          "Can we talk?" She said and her voice sounded sweet but I knew this might not be so sweet. She pointed to an empty table behind her.

          "Um..." I said looking at Jess' drink in my hand. "Sure." I said turning around and telling the bartender to send that to Jess. I grabbed my drink and then sat on the chair facing Isco's mom. I sat there waiting for her to say something but she just started at me. As he silence between us started to grow, it dawned on me this wasn't going to be a pleasant conversation, but I was still sitting here. Isco was important to me and this is his mother, so if I want to be a part of his life, she'll be a part of it too."What did you want to talk about?" I said finishing my drink and I realized how long we've been sitting here in silence.