Chapter 22 - Perfect happiness

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 22 - Perfect happiness

Isco

          I arrived in Barcelona a September afternoon and felt alive again. I was excited for two reasons: first the game I had on Sunday, FC Barcelona vs. Malaga; and secondly that Katie was going to be there watching me play. Pellegrini and some of the other players were worried that my head won’t be in the game because I am playing against Katie’s team, plus it’s the first time she will be watching me. This, surprisingly, makes me even more motivated to win. We were about to reach the gates of the airport when I saw her. I looked towards the fans and then back at Katie.

          She was at the shop with a mundo deportivo in her hands. Her light brown hair was now at her shoulders, and she was wearing a silver coat with a green v-neck shirt, she had a pair of blue jeans and black boots. I tell Pellegrini I was going to get some gum and that I’ll join them in the bus. He tells me to hurry up and I replied okay. I walk into the shop and stand next to her.

          “Excuse me Miss, but can I steal a kiss.” I said and she finally noticed me. The joy in her face was amazing and the smile was even more priceless.

          “Isco!” She said putting the magazine on the stand and then hugging me. “It’s so nice to see you.” She said kissing me on the lips and it was great kissing her again. It was an amazing kiss and just what I was missing.

          “It’s so nice to see you again too. You changed your hair.” I said and then I kissed her even though she kissed me first, I had to kiss her again. Just like last time, her face after the kiss was adorable. It's hard to describe what her face was like, but with her new hair it suited her.

          “You like it?” Katie said and then pushed back her hair with a warm smile.

          “Love it,”  I said pulling her chin up to look at me and kissed her again. She kept her eyes closed for a few seconds taking it all in and then opened them. “I told Pellegrini I was going to get some gum.” I said picking up a pack of gum. We both walk to the cashier so I can pay for my gum. “Where is Emma and Alma?” I asked. Katie told me all about her moving to Barcelona with Emma and, a friend of hers I had never met, Alma. They were going to check out the apartment this weekend. I was glad to see her and I knew why she picked this weekend.

          This is pretty much one of her favorite matches. It was the two things she loves the most, me and Barcelona. She usually was a ball of emotions during these matches, her words not mine. I wish I had a front row seat but I had more important things to do, like win.

          “Emma and Alma is in the bathroom.” She said grabbing my hand. “We are excited for the game on Sunday.” She grinned and then squeezed my hand.

          “Really? Pellegrini probably won’t put me in the starting lineup.” I said with a frown.

          “What? That is crazy. Is it my fault?” She frowned while looking away.

          “A bit,” I said laughing, and paid for the gum. “But don’t worry. I’ve been proving myself to Pellegrini.” She was relieved when she heard this.

          “Good!” She said kissing my cheek. “Good luck on Sunday, and you should head back.” I stopped for a second and turned to her.

          “Sorry, that I can’t take you to meet the team.” I said and she just smiled at me.

          “it’s okay, it’s not like I am going anywhere. I can wait.” She said with the most amazing smile.  She was in complete bliss and I was enjoying this more than I should. I walk back to her and kissed her, she smiled at me when I pulled away. “Go to the bus Isco.” She said caressing my cheek.