Chapter 33 - Sweater Weather

It all started that one summer...

Chapter 33 - Sweater Weather

Katie

           I've been living in Barcelona for two weeks now and it is better than I could've ever imagined. The distance between Isco and me was shorter now, and I knew it made us both feel better. More now that we actually did finally get intimate. I had found a job in a school outside the city as an assistant for an English teacher, it was in the same school as Emma. The kids in the school loved me, especially the boys since every Monday we sit down and talk about matches.

           Alma found a job in a small newspaper outside of town too. It was pretty weird how it was all going great for us. The part that I was still trying to get used to was Emma and Jordi Alba. I have no idea how they met, I kind of suspect Isco helped her, but it was weird waking up somedays and seeing Jordi there in the kitchen. January was just about to come to an end and it was snowing in Barcelona. I was really hating the weather here, and I wanted to go to Malaga where it wasn't snowing. I walked out of my room and was surprised to see Emma in the couch alone.

           "Morning." Emma said with a warm smile.

           "Morning." I said smiling back at her and sat down next to her.

           "I think we had a guest last night." Emma said and started giggling to herself. I was still getting used to the fact that her and Alma have gotten pretty close the past few days. Alma was hesitant on moving in with someone she barely knew.

           "What do you mean?" I said and started to scratch my head.

           "I think your friend Alma had a boy over." She said and once she was done with the sentence we both heard a door open. We both turned to look at the hallway and we found Sergi Roberto walking out of Alma's room.

           "Morning." He said shyly and started walking towards the kitchen with his head down and his cheeks growing warm.

           "Morning." Emma and I said following him with our eyes. He grabbed a glass poured himself some water and then noticed us looking at him. I was kind of jealous that Alma and Emma can have boys over and I can't have Isco here.

           "Sergi, you left your phone." Alma said in a low voice as if she wasn't expecting both of to be awake. "Oh..." She said standing by the end of the hallway in her long tee shirt and shorts.

           "Thanks," Sergi said leaving the glass on the sink and walked over to Alma. "I have to get going, but I'll call you later." He said and looked over at Emma and I as if wanting us to look away but we didn't. He shook his head, then gave Alma a quick kiss and then walked over to the door. "See you all later." Sergi said and then closed the door behind him.

           "AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" Emma and I screamed at the same time and Alma was covering her face embarrassed that we just caught our little Madridista friend with none other than her Barcelona weakness.

           On Monday we had planned what days we were going to spend together, and today was one of those days. We were going to go shopping for sexy underwear for myself since I am going to spend the weekend over at Isco's. Emma and Alma were going to help me out, and also buy some for themselves. I was happy for the first time in my life, I had great friends, I was in the city I loved the most and I had the most wonderful boyfriend that loved me. I really didn't expect anything to bring me down.

           We were walking down the street when my phone rang. I was expecting a call from Isco since he was on his way to Sevilla for a Copa del Rey match. I answered it without looking at the screen. It was new habit that I knew was going to bite me in the ass someday.