16.

4AM.

Aidan's P.O.V.

Quiet knock on the door woke us up from our peaceful slumber. 

"Come in, honey."- I said hoarsely, knowing that it can be only our baby. 

In mere moment door peered open, unveiling our little sweetie. We sat up and I helped Elodie to climb on the bed. 

 Cute, yet sad and concerning pout on her plump, full, pink lips. Long, velvety, lustrous, rich brown hair is loose and a bit messy. She is in her pink pjs. 

"Shh, don't cry, sugar bear

"Shh, don't cry, sugar bear."- spoke lovingly my beloved, our worry leaping once her eyes watered and bottom lip quivered. 

"Shh, we are right here, sweetie."- I soothed our daughter affectionately as she hid in our arms, sobbing soundlessly. 

Charlotte kissed her forehead, gently wiping away her tears, as I held her in my arms fondly and protectively, kissing her temple. 

"My tooth hurts."- murmured sadly Elodie, blinking away more tears once she spoke. 

I took a deep breath, remembering what dad told me about that once she turned 2: deciduous teeth is the official term for baby teeth, milk teeth, or primary teeth. Deciduous teeth start developing during the embryonic stage and then commonly begin to come in about 6 months after birth. There are typically 20 primary teeth — 10 upper and 10 lower.

Elodie has 19 of them and here comes the last one - the 20th tooth. She is 3 and will turn 4 in March; that a bit late, but dad said it is fine and harmless. Perks of having father as a dentist.

"Does she have all primary teeth, my love?"- asked in care and concern my beloved, very pleasantly surprising me with according and much accurate knowledge. 

"No, but seems like the last one is coming out now."- I sighed, not knowing how to ease the pain for her. 

In 3 years of fatherhood I learnt a lot, but topics like this are still foreign to me. I do my best to take care of my daughter, but fuck, no matter how much I learn on my own and separately throughout the process, it is still not enough to keep me prepared for all situations. 

"Shh, everything will be okay, beautiful."- soothed Charlotte warmly, hugging Elodie, who hid in her embrace, clearly being in a lot of pain.

I took my phone and dialled dad, hoping that there is a way to ease her pain for now at least. 

"Good morning, dad. Sorry to wake you up so easy, but we have a bit of a problem."- I said calmly, my heart shattering as Elodie cried more when attempted to talk.