54.

Charlotte's P.O.V.

Magical 1st wedding anniversary celebrated in Sicily: the sweetest family celebration followed by an intimate date night for the three of us. My husband's sexiest, most beautiful 24th birthday was celebrated in Sri Lanka: a fun, loud, wholesome, memorable party with a very lush surprise solely for his eyes.

Baby gender revel combined with a baby shower was celebrated on September 20th. The most astonishing decor and moments were captured in the most adorable photographs that now proudly adorn pages in our family album.

Those two months were, undoubtedly, memorable. They were way more than excellent.

October was full of work that we wrapped up just in time to be free for the next 4 months and focus on our tiny daughters.

I am 8 months pregnant, 32 weeks, and none of us can believe how close we are to meeting our little girl, who is awaited and already so loved by so many people. I feel very well, probably, even better than in the 1st and 2nd trimesters, though, I do eat as much as I did. My bump is very big by now, but the doctor said I am very proportional and our sweet princess is developing super good, so all I do is just keep track of my lifestyle. 

My chest grew a bit and I gained 6 kilograms, I learned so much about my body and I have never loved myself as much as I do now. I feel different and in such a good way, I am way more respectful towards my body and I will forever be astonished by how strong my body is. 

By far the most unusual thing to learn was that sex helps to make labour easier. Well, considering how much and often I want it, especially in the last 2 months, I am sure that I will have a very easy labour. 

I'd say I feel ungrateful only when I try to get out of bed in the morning - that's a sight I would never call pretty. In spite of having gained little weight, I feel like a hot air balloon when I attempt to get up, my baby bump is the prime reason why the task is so challenging. I have to roll out of bed because doing it as normal people do is not an option by any means. Aidan, on the other hand, loves it: he loves how I pout when it annoys me, he tends to me like his tiny angel, he assures me that it is perfectly fine and I still am the most graceful and elegant woman in the world for him, he rubs my belly and kisses it a billion times and he kisses me passionately and lovingly until my pout just vanishes as if it was never there in the first place. 

The small things he does for me make me love him even more: tying my shoe laces; doing the tiny thing when holding my belly from beneath while hugging me from behind; helping me to get up and sit down so I don't stress over those seemingly simple, but tough tasks; massaging my back, feet, shoulders and hands just because, even though I am not sore or in pain; helping me get up and down the stairs; always being the one to fetch anything, be it as basic as a glass of water, just so I could rest and do whatever I want; keeping track of things when I get too tired or sleepy; eating my cravings with me, no matter how odd they might possibly be - Nutella with raspberries, slices of lemon, apple and peach puree, gummy bears with vanilla ice cream, linen seeds with avocado on toast and double stuffed Oreos mixed with chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

Aidan demonstrated the type of patience, love, devotion, care, affection and tenderness no random man possesses. He had my back through everything and handled my mood swings, especially tears, with such ease, knowing exactly what to say and how to soothe me. This pregnancy definitely brought us closer, I have never been more in love with him than I am now and we grew stronger than ever. 

As to our sweet angel, Elodie officially began schooling. She attends a private school with an advanced program and mastered French and Dutch by now. El chose to keep learning languages and took Greman up next. Ballet is a sacred part of her life, she loves it and is doing so well, and in addition to it, she took up tennis - something Aidan and I would love our second daughter to try too and God, El was over the moon to find out that she will be doing it with her baby sister, whom she cannot wait to meet. Elodie is crossing days on a calendar, truly counting the days down until our baby Hoffman arrives. She gets so thrilled when our baby girl kicks and she loves going to the ultrasounds with us to see her tiny sibling.