An Empty House

Noelles pov

I nervously opened the door to my house "mommy I'm home" I called out. Nothing. She must still be at work.

I let out a sigh of relief and walked inside.

"this is so silly" I thought to myself "I mean who's scared of going into their own home. If it was susie she'd just kick down the door and say I'm home what you gonna do about it!" I blushed as I thought of my crush "well I best get started on the housework. Mom won't be happy if she comes home to a dirty house"

I picked up a brush and cleaned the house. I hummed a Christmas tune as I did so. I never had trouble doing housework. I found it quite relaxing actually.

"I wonder if that will make me a good wife one day" I muttered as I thought of susie with a dreamy smile.

I had most of the house clean, saving the kitchen for last when mother walked in.

She glared at the kitchen "you know I would have liked to come home to a clean house"

"Umm I have most of the house cleaned" I muttered timidity.

"most is not all noelle" mom said coldly "Now clean this mess up"

I nodded timidity and started cleaning the kitchen. When she was walking away I heard her mutter "it's your fault December's gone"

Once she left I held the teacloth close to my chest as I sobbed quietly.

I wish dad was still here.