Disappointed Parent

Birdlys pov

I hands shook as I gripped the doorknob. I got a C+ in my test today. Dad's not going to be happy with me.

I opened the door and tried to sneak upstairs when...

"son where are you going?" I turned around in shock to see my father standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"oh hi dad" I waved nervously "I was just really tired so I figured I'd go to bed early"

He nodded "I see. Oh you have a test there. Why don't you show it to me" he held his hand out.

I took a deep breath and handed him the paper. There was a painful silence as he read through the paper.

"come with me son. We need to talk" I gulped as I followed him into the living room.

He turned to me "your grades are slipping" he threw the paper into my face "What exactly do you think you're playing at!" he growled "your suppose to be smart. Your supposed to get good grades so you can get a decent job. What do you think you can make a living out of playing video games!"

"I'm sorry dad" I hung my head in shame. I hated disappointing my dad.

"What happened son?" he asked "Weren't you studying with noelle yesterday?"

"Umm about that umm kris and susie tagged along for our study session and we kinda fell asleep" yeah right. That incredible adventure was no dream.

"I see what the problem is" dad's eyes turned cold "you were spending your time with a couple of delinquents instead of studying like a good child"

"aww come on dad. Kris and susie aren't that bad-"

*smack!*

I was cut off by a punch to the face. I held my eye in shock. Dad's never hit me before! He even broke my glasses!

"how dare you stand up for them after they caused you to fall behind" he yelled causing me to flinch in fear "it seems I haven't been hard enough on you. Except worse treatment if you come back with a grade like this again. Do you understand"

I nodded trying hard not to burst into tears.

"good boy" he petted my head "now go to your room"

I ran upstairs and collapse onto my bed sobbing. Why is he so hard on me? Is it my fault for getting high grades at the start? It reminded me of the times when my mother was still around. How she would always cheer me up with a game of star fox.

I hugged my pillow with a soft whine. I miss her. Why did she have to leave me?