Chapter 17

"Are you boys nearly ready! You're going to be late!" My mother yelled from downstairs.
"Michael, hurry up!" I threw his plain, grey, t-shirt at him before slinging my back over my shoulder.
"I'm coming, I'm coming." Michael chuckled slightly before quickly sliding the top over his head. He put on his green jock jacket and then we walked downstairs.
"Finally, there you boys are, do you want some breakfast?" My mother asked.
"Sorry mum, but we don't have time." I kissed her on the forehead. "See you later."
"Bye Mrs Free." Michael smiled before hugging my mum. We slid on our shoes quickly and then quickly walked out of the house. We climbed into Michaels car which was parked on my driveway before we headed to school.
"You must have something to eat. You have training for most of the day for the big match tonight." I told Michael.
"Fine, we'll go to a McDonald's drive through and quickly get something to eat." Michael smiled as he turned left and placed a hand on my knee, which caused me to blush. We went through the drive through and ordered some breakfast, which we are in the car. When we got to school the bell was ringing which means one thing, we were late. "I'll walk you to your form room, my form tutor doesn't car if I'm late, as I usually am." I smiled at Michael before we climbed out of his car and ran to my form room. When we were near my form room, Michael took me to the side so we were out of sight of anyone. He kissed me for a few seconds before pulling away and smiling at me. "I'll see you at break." He winked at me before running to his form room. I smiled and bit my lip, before rolling my eyes and entering my form room.
"Mr Free, I'm glad that you could finally join us." My form tutor smiled sarcastically.
"Sorry that I'm late." I replied plainly.
"Don't worry, just sit down. Your mother called and explained that you were at the doctors because she had an appointment, and you didn't want her to go alone, seen as your dads at work." My form tutor smiled as I took a seat. I'd have to remember to thank mum for covering for me. I sighed and smiled as I looked out of the window, thinking about Michael.