Chapter 18

A/N
So I know nothing about American Football, seen as I'm English. I know the minimum basics, so sorry if it's not perfect.

"So this paper will be due in Monday." Said my history teacher as everyone let out a quiet groan. "Oh come on, it's not so bad, it's only a three page essay." He finished as the bell rang. "See you guys next lesson." He smiled before sitting down at his desk. I looked over at Ray who smiled at me. I put my bag over my shoulder and walked over to Ray.
"You ready to watch your boyfriend kick ass!" Ray exclaimed as we walked out of the classroom together.
"Mikey is gonna win this thing!" I smiled happily as we walked to my locker. I put my bag inside the locker, as I couldn't be bothered to carry it home with me. "Let's go to the game!" I smiled happily as me and Ray fast walked up to the American football field. When we got there, some of the green bleachers were starting to get full. I lead Ray to the bleacher by our teams bench, so me and Michael could talk before the game. Me and Ray took our seats as the bleachers started to fill up, I saw some of the opposing high school supporters sit down in the bleachers designated to them. Once everyone had taken there seats, there was a flood of green which flitted onto the field. Then a sea of blue cascaded onto the field, this was the opposition. I looked over into the green and saw a mop of red curls, Michael. The crowds started cheering when all of the players had stepped onto the field. The fifteens came over to their bench and started putting their jock jackets on their bench, some giving their jackets to their girlfriends. Michael looked up through the crowds on the bleachers, before fixing his eyes on me. He smiled at me before running up on the bleachers and stopping next to me.
"Hey Gavvy." Michael smirked before pecking me on the lips.
"Hi." I blushed slightly as I put my head down. Just then a gush of wind whizzed passed us, causing Michaels curls to blow around unruly.
"Here have this." Michael smiled whilst placing his jock jacket around my shoulders. "So you don't get cold."
"Michael, game starts in five, we need you down here." Michaels coach called.
"See you after the game Gavvy." Michael kissed my forehead before running back down to his coach. I smiled to myself whilst putting the jock jacket on properly, even though it was far too big for my tiny frame.
"You two are so cute together." Ray smiled, whilst nudging me playfully in the ribs with his elbow.
"Shut up." I playfully rolled my eyes as I blushed slightly. I looked over at the team which was taking their place on the field. The referee came on and spoke to all of the players, but I couldn't hear what he was saying to them. The referee pulled out a coin and flipped it, then it was revealed that we had won the heads or tails game that had just gone on, meaning that we would get the football to start. The referee backed away from where the players were, then blew his whistle, signalling the games start. We were having a bad game, Michael wasn't as good as he usually is. Michael got into a tackle and I saw the boy from the other team having a go at my Michael. I got very defensive when I heard what they were arguing about.
"You gay trash touched me, that has to be a violation of some sort." The other boy yelled spitefully at Michael.
"My sexuality has nothing to do with American Football." Michael countered.
"Well you sure brought it here. You gave your faggot of a boyfriend your jacket, and you kissed him before the game started." The boy yelled whilst punting at me.
"You leave Gavin out of this." Michael raised his voice slightly, as I was brought into this.
"Don't your gay hands touch me ever again!" The boy shouted in Michaels face.
"That's enough!" The referee scolded the boy. "That sort of language will not be permitted in this match, you cannot play against this team ever again!"
"Fine." The kid growled before storming off. Another kid took his place and the game began again, but this time it was different. I could see the fire and the passion burning in Michaels eyes as he was thrown the football. Michael smirked and started running to the scoring area. He dodged the opposition left and right, and started sprinting faster than I've ever seen him run before. He started really digging his heels in as the clock counted down to the end of the game. Ten, he ran straight into one of the opposition. Nine, they were flat on the ground. Eight, Michael sprinted towards the goal. Seven, one of the opposition grabbed his leg, causing him to slow in his tracks. Six, he tried to shake the guy off whilst still running. Five, Michael broke free. Four, Michael headed straight towards the goal, only a few more metres to go. Three, Michael was nearly there. Two, Michael crossed the line into the scoring zone, and threw the ball onto the ground. One, the crowd roared as Michael scored the winning point. I smiled happily and ran down the bleacher. I ran over to Michael who was ecstatic, and hugged him tightly, which he returned. He put his finger under my chin and lifted my head up. He cupped my cheeks and kissed me, causing electricity to pulse through me. We were like this for a few moments, before the rest of the jocks ran over and lifted Michael up, carrying him off of the field. I smiled to myself and went back up to Ray who was putting his bag on. We walked to the car park together after everyone started leaving the bleachers.
"Are you sure that you don't want a ride, Michael would be happy to drop you off at home." I told Ray as we walked towards Michaels car.
"No it's fine, I've got a ride." Ray smirked as Meg drove up to us with Tina sitting in the back. Ray climbed in, said goodbye and then Meg pulled away, leaving me alone by Michaels car. After a few minutes Michael came out to his car, he was beaming, and I was so happy for him. Michael said goodbye to the other jocks before walking over to me. The other jocks left in their cars and Michael smirked. He pushed me up against his car and kissed me passionately. He let his lips trail from my lips, to my jaw line, and then to my neck. He left me with a hickey, before pecking my lips and pulling away. He took my hand in his and lead me round to my side of his car, before getting in the drivers side hisself. We talked about our day and blared the radio out as we drove home. Today was perfect. Michael is perfect. We are perfect