Chapter 10: The Lie

I heard the door open from downstairs. Me and Michael pulled away from each other as my head was resting in the crook of his neck. I turned the T.V off and got out my advanced math book.
"Mum?" I called out once I was ready.
"Gavin, what are you doing home from school this early?" She asked as I heard her storm up the stairs. She flung the door open with an angry face until she saw the state of me, then her face softened. "Gavin what happened?" She asked as she came to take a good look at my face.
"Some mean kids laid a couple of punches and kicks in on him, but I found him and took him back here." Michael answered for me.
"Thank you so much Michael." She smiled as she touched my face causing me to whimper. She then withdrew her hands.
'If Michael wasn't there I probably wouldn't have been able to get up." I told her causing Michael to blush, he put his head down to hide the colour.
"Thank you again Michael, and shouldn't you be in school?" She asked.
"Seen as I'm a senior we have free days, and today was mine, but I went to school to get some homework off of a professor." He lied. "I was just about to come home when I saw the kids laying it in on Gavin, so I took him home to get him cleaned up, then we started studying." He lied about the last part, we definitely weren't studying.
"Well I'll let you two get back to studying." My mum smiled as she closed the door. I heard her foot steps down the stairs and then we resumed our positions again.
"Yeah, studying." Michael joked, causing me to giggle. My phone sounded with a little beep, indicating that I'd got a message.

Ray~ Can I come over, mum and dad are fighting again.

"Can Ray come over, his parents are fighting, again?" I asked.
"Sure." He smiled, causing one of his dimples to show.
"Thanks love!" I kissed his cheek as I replied.

Me~ Sure Ray.
Ray~ Good cause I'm outside, please let me in.

I chuckled as I threw my phone down on my bed. I got up and went downstairs, Michael following behind me. I opened the door to see Ray standing there.
"You got pretty beat up." Ray pointed out as all three of us walked up the stairs.
"You don't say." I said sarcastically. All three of us sat on my bed and I could feel the tension between Michael and Ray.
"Oh Ray, this is-"
"Michael, I know." He smiled. "Senior jock, heartthrob of every girl in the school, give us social outcasts a chance!" Ray joked causing Michael to chuckle.
"Well me and Gavin are going out so I'm a heartthrob of guys to." Michael spilled, immediately turning red at what he'd spilled.
"What." Rays eyes widened. "So you guys aren't studying,you're banging." He wiggled his eyebrows.
"Oh, shut up you pleb." I rolled my eyes as I punched Ray on the arm playfully.
"But aren't you going out with Lindsay?" Ray raised an eyebrow.
"That's just to throw the jocks off of the trail that I'm gay." He shrugged.
"Why don't you dump her, people think that you are the most straight person in history." Ray told Michael.
"I might actually. Tomorrow I'll do it." Michael smiled.
"Good." I pecked Michaels lips causing Ray to aww.
"Mavin!" He laughed.
"Oh shut up." Me and Michael both rolled our eyes.