Chapter 26

I thought my last year of high school would be great, but so far it's not. I've been a senior for a week now and it sucks without Michael here. I have Ray, Tina and Meg, but Ray and Tina are normally off by themselves in school and out, leaving it with just me and Meg. Don't get me wrong, she is really cool and funny, but it's not the same without him here. But at least Lindsay and the rest of the jocks aren't here anymore. Michael and I text each other every night but it's not the same. I just want to hold him in my arms or be held in his. I wanna see his smile and the way his eyes light up when he sees me or when he plays sports. I miss him so much and it's absolute agony. It feels like Michael took a piece of my heart and soul with him when he went as there is a void that can't be filled, much like when you loose your phone, that utter despair and disregard for everything and anything else is what I'm feeling right now. As I walk to school, not taking the bus as that's what me and Michael used to do, kicking stones that lay in my path I think about him. He's on my mind all the time, that's probably why I'm failing most classes, but not science as I love science. I tried harder at sports for Michael, but that went down like a led balloon as I am horrifyingly unfit and uncoordinated. As I am looking down at my feet I accidentally bump into someone.
"Sorry." I mumble apologetically as I look up. That green jacket, the same one like Michael's, that's a jock. I might have escaped the jocks from the year above but I haven't escaped the ones from mine.
"Yeah you better be." He spat whilst he pushed me back slightly.
"Dude stop!" One of his friends yelled slightly with wide eyes as he stared at me. "Do you have any idea who this is?" The guy says, referring to me. The guy that pushed me knits his eyebrows together before shaking his head. What's going on here? When did I become a somebody? "This is Gavin, Michael's Gavin, so you better not touch him or he'll knock you through four walls." His friend explained causing the guy who pushed me to look slightly terrified.
"I'm sorry I didn't know, please don't tell Michael!" The guy who pushed me stumbled over his words with a petrified tone.
"It's okay." I smiled sympathetically. "What's your name by the way?" I asked.
"I'm Miles and this is Kerry." Miles beamed. "I'm really sorry by the way.
"I know, don't worry about it Miles, mistakes happen." I told him before walking off and to my form room, or home room as they call them in America, trust me after having Michael laugh at me for an hour for calling it a form room, I'm calling it home room from now on. As soon as I walked into my home room things seemed, off. As soon as I opened the door everyone was looking at me, some were whispering between themselves, but their eyes were fixated on me. I put my head down and began walking to my seat which was in the middle of the class to the left, right by the window. I looked out of it as I could still feel their eyes burning into my soul. I sighed and decided to get out my phone to text Michael as I hated the feeling of everyone's eyes piercing into my skin.

Me~ Hello love, everyone at school seems a little off like they keep staring at me. A guy pushed me for walking into him but then immediately wanted to worship the ground that I walked on when he realised that I was your boyfriend, what should I do? That guy was a jock so maybe he looked up to you as you were the captain of so many sports teams, but still I'm confused, talk to you soon, I love you xxx.

I put my phone away immediately after sending it as the bell rang. Why was everything and everyone acting strangely towards me? I've always been a nobody, so why now am I a somebody?