Chapter 7: The 'Friendly' Hangout

"I'm coming now Gavvy, I need to see you." Michael said from the other end of the phone.
"But you've got practice." I said as I paused my game.
"I've told them that I'm going home 'cause my mom wants me." He told me.
"But it's raining and you took the bus today." I said as I knew he wouldn't come in the rain.
"Your house is only like a two minute sprint from school." Michael countered, I could hear the smirk in his voice.
"But..."
"Ill be there in two minutes." The line went dead as I sighed. I un-paused the game and continued playing. In about two minutes there was a knock on the door. I ran downstairs and opened up the door to a soaking wet Michael. Rain was dripping off of his nose and onto the floor. His hair was a deeper shade of red as the rain had darkened it.
"Michael, you must be freezing." I ran to get a towel as he walked inside.
"Thank y-you." Michael shivered as I wrapped the towel around him and shut the door.
"You should've just stayed in the sports hall, you would've been warm." I told him and frowned.
"I know, but I just needed to see you." He smiled.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because, I, I." He couldn't finish his sentence. "Because of this." He kissed me, his wet body pushing against mine I melted into the kiss, electricity pulsing through my veins, making me feel alive. Michael pulled away and smiled, letting one of his dimples show. "Look, Gavin, I really like you, although you'll see me and Lindsay in school together, I don't love her, I don't even like her." He opened up to me.
"Well I can't pretend that it doesn't hurt me." I sighed.
"I'll tone it down, she kisses me but I never kiss back." He told me as he made a bad attempt at towel drying his hair.
"Still, it hurts."
"I won't kiss her Gavvy. I don't want to hurt you, so I won't kiss her, I won't even touch her." He told me frantically as if I had a gun and could pull the trigger if he said a wrong word.
"Okay." I smiled.
"Well, I'm gonna go and get changed now." He said before running up to my bedroom.
"You want a drink?" I asked.
"Just a coke." He called down the stairs as he entered my bedroom. I poured out two cokes and then carried them up to my room. I walked in and saw him standing there shirtless.
"God, I'm sorry." I blushed a deep Crimson as I set down the cokes.
"It's okay." He smirked as he turned around to face me, showing off his abs, God he was gorgeous.
"Gavin, I'm home!" My mother called out. I quickly broke my gaze from Michaels body as I quickly pushed him into my ensuite. I heard her foot steps come up the stairs. She opened my bedroom door that I had quickly shut after I pushed Michael into my ensuite. She looked around my room and furrowed her eyebrows when she saw Michaels gym bag and two cokes.
"Michaels, erm, Michaels here. He came over to tutor me cause we had a hard lesson today, " I lied, "but he's changing in the bathroom cause he got wet due to the rain."
"Hi Michael." My mother called out.
"Hello." He called back.
"Because it's storming, you can spend the night Michael." She said before walking out of my room and closing the door. Michael then walked out of my ensuite in fresh clothes.
"I'm definitely going to take your mother up on that offer." He beamed as he slumped down onto my bed.
"I thought you would." I giggled as I joined Michael on my soft bed. After a few minutes of playing video games, thunder sounded followed by a strike of lightning, making me jump.
"It's okay Gavin." Michael sad softly as he wrapped one of his beefy arms around my slender shoulders. I lent my head into the crook of his neck. I felt safe in Michaels embrace. He was so warm and cuddly, like a big bear. We continued playing video game's with more thunder and lightning which caused Michael to tighten his arm around my shoulders, not so it hurt, but so nothing could get between us. After a couple of hours Michael got a text message from Lindsay.

Lindsay~ You aren't at home so where the hell are you?

He tossed his phone to the end of my bed. "I'm where I want to be." We played some more video games for couple of more hours. I looked over at my phone and saw the time.
"It's one in the bloody morning!" I exclaimed with wide eyes. I got under the cover of my bed, as did Michael. I turned off the T?V and turned over to face Michael. "Goodnight."
"Night Gavvy." He smiled before pecking me on the lips before I rolled over. He wrapped and arm around my waist as I fell asleep.