Strange Place

Sierra

Fluttering my eyes open, I immediately notice my unfamiliar surroundings. Looking around the beautifully decorated, well lit room, I notice a note on the bedside table. Sitting up to be met with a pounding headache, I pick it up and lay back down.

Hey, I had to bring you back to mine, you were too drunk to give me your address so you're in my guest room. I left an aspirin with some water for when you wake up, and your clothes are in the laundry because you decided to throw up, not in the car though. I don't know if I'll be here still when you wake up, so if I'm not there are pancakes in the microwave and juice in the fridge.

~Kristen

Stunned by the unfamiliar name, I reach over and take the aspirin, laying back once more, allowing it to do its work. Looking to my other side, I see my purse and my phone next to it.

Stretching over, I unlock it to be met with 53 text messages and 27 missed calls. All of them from my fiancé, Mia. Quickly dialing her number, I place the phone to my ear.

"Oh thank fucking God! I thought something happened to you, you can't just disappear like that Sierra!" she yelled from the other side.

"I'm sorry I got too drunk to drive so I spent the night at.........a friend's" I said, lowering my voice to the end.

"Which friend?" she inquired.

Ah fuck what do I do? I can't tell her i spent the night at some rando's house she'll think I'm cheating on her. Shit shit shit, think of something Sierra.

"Lea's" I quickly muttered out.
Lea was my assistant at work. Although her position, we became close friends over the 4 years she's worked for me. She was basically a part of my family.

"Okay uh....when will you be back home?" she asks with a small sigh.

"I don't know, maybe when I get out of the hangover phase" I respond earning a laugh from her side.

"Well I'm at work, I'll see you tonight. Kay?" she responds

"I'll see you then" I reply before hanging up the phone, fully knowing that was a lie. Mia is barely ever at home, and if she is, she's either doing work in her office, or asleep.

Yes, we both worked a lot, taking that I owned a company and she was the CEO at hers, yet I somehow managed balance my work life and my own personal life better than her.

We rarely saw each other, and if we did, we barely spoke a word. We've been together for 3 years, she proposed 2 months ago, and for a week we were like we were all those years ago when we first got together. We were happy and in an after engagement bliss.

It only lasted so long before she went back to normal. Spending hours upon hours at work, coming home at unforseen hours of the morning, barely speaking a word to me, standing me up at every chance.

I was supposed to meet her at the bar last night with some of her colleagues, and none of them including Mia showed up.

Loudly sighing at the thought of my tattered relationship, I sit up and look to my left, noticing a bathroom attached. Stepping in, I see a new toothbrush, likely placed there for me. After brushing my teeth, I head downstairs to be met with an unfamiliar face.

"Someone slept well" she said, a smile perking on her face, as she walked towards me.

She must be Kristen.

"Hi....you're Kristen, right?" I ask ruffling my hair with my hand.

"That's me. I'd say your name but someone was a bit too drunk to give it over. Sooo.....?" she replied, taking a sip from her tea, avoiding eye contact.

"Sierra. My name's Sierra" I respond, walking over to her side.

"Well Sierra, its been fun meeting you, but I have a job interview to get to so, chop chop and eat," she says, hurriedly moving from her spot as I arrive, walking out of the kitchen and up the stairs, likely to change out of her pajamas.

Opening the microwave, the scent of pancakes blasts me in my face. It'd been so long since I'd eaten food like this. Mia doesn't allow a lot of fun food in the house, she's constantly a different diet every week.

I don't think I've eaten anything I actually wanted to since we got together. Swooping up the plate, I turn to the counter where I see a bottle of maple syrup. Quickly opening the bottle, I drench the pancakes in the sweet, sticky goodness.

As I'm finishing up eating, I place the plate in the sink and begin to clean up after myself. Hearing the jangle of keys, I lift my eyes to see Kristen dressed in a blue dress, with a white stripped pattern, going down to just below her knee.

"Are you sure you're going to an interview, or a date?" I question, making her turn to me with a shocked expression on her face.

"Well, I wanna make a good impression......but if you think it's too much I have other options that I-" cutting her off by raising my hand, I walk over to her and fix a few things.

When I'm done I walk back and look at her. Her eyes and mine almost on the same level, as her small heels made her up to my height.

"You look beautiful." I finish off, leaving her there as I walk away to get my clothes.

Kristen POV:

As I'm left standing there in shock, I feel my heart begin to race again and a shiver go through my entire body.

Why the hell am I so flustered? I cannot be feeling this way for a woman. I can't, I'm straight.....right? This shit feels weird.

Finally moving from my spot, I head over to my coat rack and grab my purse, waiting for Sierra to come on back down. As I stay seated on the couch, I open my phone to be met with various messages from....Michael?

Michael was my boyfriend back in high school, but he took off when we found out I was pregnant. I haven't heard from him since, heck I don't even remember his phone number.

As I was about to open them when Sierra came back down. She was in a long panted denim jeans and the top I gave her to sleep in, accompanied by the heels she wore last night.

How the fuck can she look so fine in a pair of jeans and my shirt-
This has to be some sort of hallucination.

"You're gonna catch a fly" she said, lifting my chin and closing my mouth.

At the feel of her touch, I freeze and my cheeks go red. A smirk plays on her face, as she pulls back.

"Don't you have an interview to get to?" she asks, gesturing to the door.

Blinking my eyes, I get up and walk to the door, unlocking it and allowing her out. Grabbing my things, I lock the door behind me and lead her to my car; my heart still beating a mile a minute.