Separations

Kristen POV:

After the whole blow out with Shane, the actual day of Joan's birthday was here. Joan refused to have a huge party thrown, although it was the big 70.

Everyone's attempts to change her mind, all came up futile, hence our giving up. She did however, agree for us to all gather and eat lunch together, sort of mimicking a thanksgiving celebration.

"My love" Sierra called out to me from the other room.

Wrapping the towel around my body, and walking out of the bathroom, I find her sat at the edge of the bed, in nothing but a sports bra and boxers. Lifting her head to look at me, she smiled softly, getting up to come over to me.

Meeting her halfway, I stand in her embrace, as she pushes my strands of wet hair away from my face. Smiling down at me, she slowly came forward, kissing me gently. While one hand cupped my face, the other pulled me closer to her by my waist.

"Our flight's booked for tomorrow" she whispered as we pulled back.

Looking into her eyes, their usual dark, mahogany, now a glorious beige in the sunlight. While her lips remained sealed, the look in her eyes told me she had something more to say.

"What's wrong babe?" I asked in a whisper, placing my hand on top of hers.

Taking a moment to decide, she took in a deep breath, before shifting her stance.

"When we go back home......will you move in with me?" she managed out, her eyes filling to the brim with worry.

Taken aback by the new insight, I stood there frozen, still to respond.

She wants to move in together.......that's a huge step. A step I want to take. I love her with everything in me, and I know April does too. Yes. Yes, I'll move in with her.

"You don't have to say yes, or even answer now, but-" I cut off her panicked frenzy with a soft kiss.

"I better start packing my things" I breathed against her lips.

Taking a second for my words to register in her mind, her cheeks slowly filled as a wide smile came onto her face.

Brining her face to the crook of my neck, her hands wrapped around me, and pulled me close.

Smiling at her vulnerability, I hold her in my arms, enjoying the moment.

~

When we got down, everyone was already outside. There was a huge, black, tent, with number of beanbags and blankets scattered beneath it.

Positioned in front of the fence, was a lofty stand, which held a white screen. Upon entrance of the tent, a white box hung over the seating area, what I assumed to be a projector.

Guided by our daughter, we sat in the third row of seats, her tiny body sanctioned between us. Watching as the few remaining seats filed in, everyone sat in their own little groups, filling the air with chatter.

Drowning in overlapping conversation, the sound of a clinking glass, drew everyone's attention.

Looking forward, there stood Jeremiah, a hearty smile on his face, a wine glass in hand.

"Now that I have everyone's attention, I redirect it from myself, onto the one we've all gathered here to celebrate. The woman that I'm so blessed to say, is my mother, and the beautiful grandmother of all of my children." he toasted, raising his glass to Joan.

Joan however, didn't return his raised glass, as she watched him with a devil's eye.

Swallowing a lump in his throat at the sight of his mother's glare, his smile slowly faded, as he turned to us once more.