First Days (Bonus #2)

Kristen POV:

I stretched out across the bed, strange of the thought that there was no one else with me.

I slowly got up and looked around our room, and I couldn't find Sierra anywhere, until I heard the clatter of a pan from downstairs.

I rolled out of bed, and washed my face before heading to find my wife.

As I walked down the stairs, my eyes came to find Sierra moving around the kitchen frantically.

I looked at her for a minute, observing her quick movements, before she noticed me.

"Hi baby" she said, her chest moving a bit faster than usual.

I walked over to her smiling, as I took the plates from her hands and rested them on the island counter.

I went back to her and wrapped my arms around her neck, and laid my head on her chest, and she placed her hands around my waist, hugging my body to hers.

"Did I wake you?" she whispered, kissing the side of my head.

"Mm mm" I groaned, feeling myself fall sleepier, just by being in her arms. "Why are you awake so early anyway?"

"The kids have their first day today....I want them to be ready" she pouted down at me, baffled that I didn't think about it.

I smiled at her care for our children, before leaning up to peck her lips.

She kissed me back softly, holding my lips to hers longer than I expected.

"Let me help" I responded, expecting her to fight me on it, but she sighed and gave in.

It's funny that I'm the chef and she still tries to stop me from cooking. I get that she doesn't want me to lift a finger, but it's my job sweetheart.

I made breakfast while she made their lunches, making sure they were perfect to each child.

I also had to stop her from putting personalized letters on their lunches, so that you know, they wouldn't hate her.

I watched as she joyfully placed each lunch into their kits, putting April's own in a plastic bag, because apparently teenagers don't take lunchkits anymore.

Smiling to myself as I remembered the conversation between my wife and daughter about her lunchkit, I barely noticed the two hands around my waist, until I felt weight on my shoulder.

Sierra groaned into the fabric of my shirt, attempting to bury her face into my neck further, rubbing her nose at its crook.

"Why did I wake up so goddamn early?" she muttered, pulling me to her like I was a pillow.

"How long have you been up?" I chuckled at her, finishing the batch of bacon on the pan.

"3 hours" she replied, sneaking her hands beneath my shirt to massage my skin.

"Go take a nap" I ordered, putting the bacon to the side on a seperate plate, before unlatching her arms from around me.

She groaned loudly before going over to the couch and plopping herself down on it. I watched as she fought to get comfortable, quickly falling fast asleep.

I finished up making breakfast, plating it and starting to set the table.

As I walked over with the plates to begin putting them out, April came downstairs, still in her pajamas, her face drunk with sleep.

"Morning Momma" she mumbled, dropping her head on my shoulder, barely able to keep herself upright.

I kissed her head, before wrapping my arms around her.