Interviews

Kristen POV:

After dropping Sierra back at the bar so she could get her car, I headed straight to the address given to me. Pulling up outside a small diner, I park and head inside, where I see a young woman, dressed in a black jeans with a white shirt and a leather jacket. She smiled at me and motioned for me to have a seat.
"You're Kristen Smith. Correct?" she asks, looking down at her clipboard.
"Yes, that's me" I confirm, sending a smile her way.

"Okay Kristen, let's get straight in shall we?" she begins, earning a nod in agreeance.
"Do you have any experience in a kitchen?"
"Nope"
"Have you ever had a job along these lines?"
"I haven't"
"Okay, any letters of recommendation?"
"None at all"
"Okay......" she sighs.
"Why exactly do you need this job Kristen?"

"I'm low on money for.....well everything. My mother has stage 3 breast cancer, I have to fund her treatments, pay the hospital and buy her medication. I have a 4 year old daughter, she's in her second year of preschool, and her father isn't involved, therefore I have to provide all of her resources and her classes. On top of that I have to pay rent, since my roommate is never present. I really need this job." I explain, in hopes that she'd understand.

With a pitiful look on her face, she looked down at her clipboard.
"As much as I'd love to give you this job due to your struggles, I can't hire you without a reference" she said, a frown evident on her face as she turned over the clipboard.
Sighing and grabbing my things, I nod to say I understood, and left.

As I walk out and back to my car, I sit inside and let out an exasperated sigh, feeling defeated. Just as I drive off, my phone begins to ring with an unfamiliar number. I reluctantly answer it.

"Hello?"

"Kris, hi it's Lea"

Letting out a loud sigh, at the familiar voice, I sit back as I hit the red light. Lea was my best friend since, well forever. Our parents, specifically our mothers, were best friends and we were together even when we were in the womb. Our birthdays are a month apart. My mom was there when she was born, and her mom was there when I was born. We'd gone through our entire lives together and didn't plan otherwise.

"Oh my God, don't do that I thought you were some weirdo" I lightly scolded.

"Sorryyy, I'm using Jae's phone. But anyway I have a favour to ask" she replied

"Fine, shoot"

"I completely demolished my ankle and I need you to fill in for me at work"

"Okay, how long will you need me, and what the hell did you do to your ankle woman"

"I was running a race with Charlie and I tripped okay. You'll have to be there till I'm healed, so a few months"

"A few months- Lea I can't make that long"

"Well sucks to be you because I already told my boss you said yes so, loveyouokaybye"

And she hung up. I'm gonna kill her ass.

Sierra POV:

I pulled up outside my house, suprised to see Mia's and an unfamiliar car, parked in the driveway. Mia was supposed to be at work right now. Or so she said. Quickly getting out, and heading inside to investigate, I unlock the door to see two empty wine glasses and two empty plates on the table, with a blown out candle between them.

As I begin to walk up the stairs, I almost trip when my foot feels a piece of fabric. Looking down, I see a bra. It looked like it was a size B cup. That couldn't be mine, I was a double D. It also couldn't be Mia's she was a C cup.

No. This is absurd. This is not fucking happening. No. Not to me. My fiancé is not cheating on me. I refuse it. Sure maybe she's been distant and we no longer sleep in the same room, but she wouldn't do this. I loved her, she loved me. Right?

As my heart began to race a mile a minute, I slowly looked back up the stairs. My eyes drawing to our bedroom door. It was slightly cracked, and the lights were off. The entire house was silent as I stood there, frozen and in fear. It wasn't long before I heard giggling coming out of the room. One that I loved, and one that I'd heard before, but I couldn't pin the owner. As I heard footsteps heading towards the bedroom door, I filled with panic and ran back down the stairs, heading straight out the door and back into my car.

As I sat there, my mind was filled with the sounds of their laughter. They were probably laughing at me, how foolish I was to believe anyone could ever love me back. To believe that Mia loved me. The laughter of mockery, is forever remembered by a victim of bullying, and they cam recognize it in an instant. My mind immediately went back to high school, after I came out. Mocking me, calling me slurs, boys catcalling me and groping my body. As I recall the dreadful and painful time in my life, my eyes swell with tears, and I start the car and drive back out.