Don't Lie To Yourself

Sierra POV:

I'd dropped off Kris back home after our small picnic, and I was heading home. I was glad April took the news as lightly a she did. I don't know if I would've handled it if someone else I cared about discarded me, solely because of my sexuality.

As soon as I pulled into the driveway, my eyes laid on the car I hadn't wished to see ever again.
Angrily getting out and storming in, I find an annoyingly seated Mia.

"Took you long enough" she huffed out, standing from her seat on the barstool.

"Get the fuck out of my house" I instructed, showing her the door.

"That's no way to talk to your fiance now" she smirked, walking over to me.

"I have no idea who is, but I'm not your fiance" I said sternly.

"You and I both know you cried over your little mistake back at the house" she confidently stated.

"I had nothing to cry about. You meant nothing to me at that point" I laughed at her giddiness.

"You-you don't mean that" she said, her smug expression contorting for a twinge of pain.

"Yes I do" I began. "You were always working, and we barely had conversations. Yes, in the beginning we were in a bliss of light and love, but as time passed you became more and more wrapped up in your 'work'. So much so I started to go days without seeing you or hearing your voice. Then at the end of it all, I find you with Rhea?" I ramble on.

"And bringing up my ex? The woman who single handedly destroyed my barriers, and used my weaknesses against me? That's low. Even for you."

"I- " she started, her eyes filling with tears, as the realization of her actions finally hitting her.

"Look Sierra please. Baby I'm sorry" she pleaded, bringing her hands to my cheeks.

"Don't call me that" I respond, moving her hands away slowly.

"I- just- what can I do to fix it?" she asks, running her hands through her hair.

"There's nothing left to fix Mia" I sighed, leaning myself against the wall.

"There must be something-"

"No. There is nothing" I cut her off.

Taking a step back, she swallowed the lump in her throat and begins to head for the door.

Coming to an abrupt stop, she turns to face me again.

"Wait. Is there someone else?" she asks, her eyes examining my features, desperate for me to say no.

"I- I'm sorry Mia" I sigh, standing properly, and making her lip begin to tremble as she rushed out the door.

Mia POV:

As I got back out to my car, I felt an instant regret drown me. Of what I did to her over the last 3 years, and what I did just now.

All those nights I got back home, and she was forcing herself awake, waiting for me at ungodly hours of the night, all the times I blew her off instead of listening, and spending time with her.

God, I even accused her of cheating on me, fully well knowing I was fucking Rhea on the side. In my defense, I had no idea it was the same Rhea, but still, I fucked up. She tried so hard for me and I threw it away..........just like that.

And somehow I still had the audacity to go in there and do what I just did. Man, I'm a piece of shit.

"Good job Phillips" I heard  from the backseat, bringing me from my thoughts, and the brink of tears.

"Just- did you get it Michael?" I sighed, wiping the tears from my eye.

"With a little editing, they'll be good to go" he smiles, climbing into the front.

"Look, I don't think this is such a good idea anymo-"

"Bailing on me now, are we?" he interjects, folding his arms.

"Yes, I'm bailing on you" I reply. "This is wrong. I refuse to destroy their relationship, just because the both of us were awful partners"

"No, no, no. I was not a shitty partner"

"You left her when she was pregnant, because you didn't want anything to do with the kid. Sounds shittier than me" I argue.

"Well sucks for you, because I've already transferred them and have the editing set up" he chuckles, waving his phone in the air.

Rolling my eyes at his behavior, I reluctantly start the engine and head out.

A/N: TA fun fact #idk: Mia was originally supposed to die, and Kristen and Sierra meet 10 months after her death.