We're Here

Kristen POV:

We landed in Trinidad a few minutes ago, and we were waiting for Shane to get here. He'd never left and lives here, so it was just for everyone else to fly in.

We walked into the food court and Sierra and Sade, immediately went over to a place called Royal Castle. Following behind them, Hayden and I stood there, because we had absolutely no idea what was on the menu. We sat at a table, and waited for them to bring back our orders.

They came back after a few minutes, and put our boxes before us. Glancing at Hayden, I see the same surprised look on his face.

"What?" Sade and Sierra, asked in unison.
"This is" I began
"A bit too much" Hayden finished.

They both turned to each other and exchanged a look to say 'not again'.
Taking our boxes, they asked what we wanted and how much, and put whatever we didn't into their own boxes.

"You had Royal Castle without us?" we heard, yelled from behind us.
Turning around, I saw a man and a woman. They looked like they were in their early 30's and behind them were, 2 women and a young boy.

"Hello twins of terror" Sierra sighed, getting up to hug the woman, I believe was Sarai.
"Wonderful of you to grace us with your presence, Miss J.K. Rowling" Sade laughed, moving from Skyler to Sarai.

"Never mistake me for that bitch" she warned in response, glaring at Sade.

Backing up a bit, Sade shrugs her shoulders and brings her in for a hug. When the love fest was over, Skyler went to get the newly arrived party something to eat. We joined two tables and made it like it was a Thanksgiving dinner party.

Everyone piled out into their own little groups, while we ate, catching up on their missed time. When I was cleaning off some ketchup from April's cheek, I felt as though I was being watched; and looked up to see Sarai looking at me intensely.

Even when I noticed her, she kept her gaze on me, as though she was examining me. I shrugged it off, not wanting to draw attention to myself.

I continued eating, frequently drinking from my cup as the food was beyond hot.

Not being able to finish it all, I give up and close the box. Looking over at Sierra, I see a big smile on her, one that I'd only see whenever she told me she loved me.

She was sitting next to Kiana, with Deon somehow now in her lap. She was caught up in conversation with her sister-in-law, while her nephew was more interested in April, who seemed not to even notice him.

I sat and watched with glee, at her animated reactions and felt like I could stay there forever. As the conversation died down, she turned her attention to Deon. Following his line of sight, she notices it focused on Apes.

Smiling to herself, she looks over at me.
'I'm gonna tell him' she mouths, a cheeky grin held on her face.

'Do not' I mouthed back, stopping her from breaking the kid's heart.

Laughing silently, she hands Deon back over to his mom, and begins picking up empty boxes to throw.

Watching as everyone almost fell in line, I cleaned up whatever mess April made and followed as well.

When we finished cleaning, we all took our bags and headed out of the airport.

"Siblings, their lovers, and children!"

Turning our heads, a man leaned against a black Mazda 3 watched us intently.

"Shane" Skyler said, his voice displaying no sort of happiness.

Looking at the Hamiltons' expressions, they all shared a blank face, with no signs of delight.

"Ah" he said, standing on his feet properly. "The prodigal daughter returns."

"Hello to you too Shane" a familiar voice said in a low and hushed tone.

Turning to my girlfriend, I find her eyes focused on absolutely nothing, in the distance. She also suddenly had on sunglasses, which really hid her true expression.

"Are we standing here, or are we going?" Sade interjected, ending whatever the hell was going on.

"Right. We all obviously can't fit in one car, so grandma sent Theo and Phil" Shane told us, directing our attention to two other cars.

All agreeing, we split up into the 3 cars. Skyler, Kiana and Deon went with Shane, while Sarai, Alex and Sade went with Theo, and Sierra, Hayden, Apes and I went with Phil.

"Well if it isn't my 2nd favourite Hamilton granchild" Phil said, turning around to look at Sierra.

"I missed you too Phil" she smiled, giving him a hearty smile.

Laughing and facing facing front again, he buckled as seat belt, and we took off.